Visit the below links for information related to consumer radio support.
Are the consumer radios compatible with each other?
- Yes, they can also interact with any other brands of 446MHz radio. However, they need to be set to the same channel and sub-code. If any of the radios you are using do not support use of sub-codes, please try setting the radio, which has this feature, to “0”.
I have a pair of consumer radios. If I buy two more units will they all link together?
- Yes, they just need to be set to the same channel and sub-code.
What is the maximum range of a consumer radio?
- The communication range quoted is calculated based on an unobstructed line of sight, tested under optimum conditions. The actual range will vary depending on terrain and conditions. Often the actual range is less than the maximum stated. Your actual range will be affected by several factors including, but not limited to: terrain, weather conditions, electromagnetic interference and obstructions. In other words, it depends on the surroundings. The range of the radio will be shorter in a built up area than in open countryside.
My radio doesn’t work. Whom should I contact?
- If your radio is still under warranty, please return it to where you purchased it. An authorised Motorola dealer or retailer will honour a warranty claim and provide warranty service. In order to be eligible to receive warranty service, you must present your receipt of purchase.
How to reset a radio to factory settings?
- Talkabout T92: Press ‘+’ and ‘-‘ & Power On
- Talkabout T82: Press ‘LOCK’ & ‘MENU’ & Power On (Volume knob)
- Talkabout T62: Press ‘SCAN’ & “Power On’
- Talkabout T42: Press ‘Call Tone’ & ‘+’ & ‘-’ & ‘MENU/ Power ON’