Trainmaster XD Locomotive Radio
The Trainmaster XD is the next-generation locomotive radio. It meets all AAR (Association of American Railroad) standards. We have partnered with a German/Swiss railroad radio manufacturer and Motorola to produce the unit. It is the replacement radio for the Railroad Astro/Railroad Spectra.
The Trainmaster XD has been specifically designed for:
- Ease of operation
- Offers additional features and options not offered available in the market
- Pre-programmed with all AAR radio channels. Any other VHF channels can also be programmed.
- Operator-selectable separate transmit and receive channels (standard).
- 72V or 12V operation.
- Interchangeablilty with other railroad radios.
- Customizable controls and buttons.
- Menu with user interface.
- Interface for data applications.
- Large TFT LCD display.
- PA and Intercom operation (not offered by any competitor).
- Special transit configuration package.
- Can operate remotely with control head. Also available in UHF (Transit applicaitons).
- Waterproof durable keypads.
- Day and night display modes.**Ruggedized housing.
Radio Hardware/Releases Compatibility:
Standard requirements for a mobile radio: 12V or 72VDC and an antenna.