About This Policy
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information from You when You register for and use the Service, contact or interact with Us, fill out a form, apply for employment, respond to a survey, and voluntarily provide Us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Service. When calling Us, Your telephone number, name and other personal information may be collected.
When you request literature or a demo on the Service or take a customized tour, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number, agency or organization name, state, country, number of employees, and job title.
When you register for an event or conference, we may collect your name, agency name, agency role, address, email address, work telephone number, and payment information.
When You submit a “Contact Us” form, We may collect Your email address, state, number of employees, job title, telephone number, and any other information You choose to provide to Us.
When You create a support ticket, We may collect Your name, email address, telephone number and any other information You choose to provide to Us.
When you sign up for a free trial of Nova, we may collect your name, email address, work phone number, cell phone number, agency type and name, agency address, agency phone number, agency code, username, and password.
When you register an agency to use Nova or Flex, we may collect your agency code, agency name, agency address, agency description, agency telephone number, agency fax number, ORI, chief administrator’s name and title, agency website and contact details. When agency administrators set up users, we may collect a user’s name, the agency password, email address, and access level.
We may collect your personnel record from your agency. This may include your social security number and driver’s license or other ID number.
When You use Our Service, We may collect additional information including regarding your internet connection, the equipment You use to access the Service and Your usage details as further described in the “Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service” section below.
When You apply for a job through the Service, We may collect: Your name, address, email address, username, password, security question answers, home phone number, cell phone number, race/ethnicity, gender, disability status, and any information You provide through Your responses to questions posed or in Your cover letter, resume or otherwise through the Careers section of the Service.
When you download or use the Touch or CommunityConnect apps, we may collect the app installation ID, your device ID, email address, username, password, name, address, phone number, geolocation, gender, date of birth, driver’s license number and issuing state, agency code, state password, and incident reports or other information you provide through the apps.
When you use Nova, we may use Mapbox or Google Maps to collect your current location which will be stored and displayed in the Daily Log. We may also collect your location when you use the “Locate Me” functionality or other map-related functionality in the Service. You agree to abide by Mapbox’s policies which can be found here: https://www.mapbox.com/tos/.
B. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
As You navigate through and interact with the Service, We may automatically collect information, including Your location, Wi-Fi connection information, network connection information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, telephone number, browser and device information, advertising and device identifiers, the domain name of Your Internet search provider, the Service features You use, and the time of Your use. Our audit logs track user names, activities and modules used. For App users, We may read, modify or delete content on Your USB storage. We may also collect information about Your access to and use of the Services as described in the “Third Parties that Provide Content, Marketing Services, or Functionality on or for Our Service” section below.
Through our service provider, Hubspot, We collect information including Your IP address, your name, email address, telephone number, agency or organization name, state, country, number of employees , and job title when You indicate interest in our products and services through the Service. Information about Hubspot’s privacy practices is available here: http://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
C. Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect information about You from third party sources including, but not limited to, your agency or organization, event planning partners, social media companies, and job search partners and marketing partners.
Your agency or organization may provide Us with information about You in connection with setting up, using or managing Your account.
When you register for an event or conference, our event planning partner may collect information from you and share it with Us.
The Service provides connections with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. If You connect with Facebook through the Service, We receive Your public profile (which includes Your Facebook User ID, Your profile photo, Your public information, and Your friends’ User IDs), Your language, Your country, and whether You are in an age group, for instance, under 18, between 18-20, or 21 and over. We can also access, store, and update the information You share through Facebook. If You connect with Twitter through the Service, We receive Your Twitter identity (which includes Your Twitter avatar and user name and Your followers’ user names). We can also access, store, and update the information You share through Twitter.
We may receive information about You from digital marketing companies with which We work to help Us deliver relevant marketing to You and recognize You across browsers and devices.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including the purposes for which You provided it and to:
- provide services to You;
- provide user verification services;
- create or update Your account or your agency’s account;
- connect with Your social media accounts and post content You choose to share;
- process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- send You information about Your relationship or transactions with Us;
- develop new products and services;
- personalize and enhance Your experience using the Service;
- To send push notifications through the Apps;
- send periodic emails (the email address You provide may be used to send You information and updates pertaining to Your account, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc., but if at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email);
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- display relevant advertising;
- prevent fraud and abuse of the Service and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
- administer, operate and improve the Service and for internal business purposes; and
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
A. Your Agency or Organization
We may share your personnel records, user account information, geolocation, and activity audit logs with your agency and administrators of your agency’s account. This may include your personnel information including social security number, driver’s license or other ID number.
C. Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners
D. Job Openings
If You are interested in pursuing career opportunities within the United States, You can review and apply for job openings listed in an online jobs database. If You elect to proceed, You will be seamlessly linked to a website maintained by ADP from its facility in New Jersey, U.S. As We are not responsible for the content, data collection or privacy policies of ADP, We urge You to read the privacy and security policies of ADP (see link above) before providing any personal information.
If You choose to apply online for a job posted on the ADP web site, You will be required to provide Your name, address, email address, username, password, answers to security questions, personal cell phone number, resume, desired salary, and responses to questions posed on the ADP site. Your responses to these questions will be used in evaluating Your qualifications for a position. Please do not include Your social security number, credit card or bank account numbers, and non-work related personal information such as eye color, marital status, etc.
At the beginning of the application process, You will be asked to provide Your email address. If You do not have an email address, please contact Human Resources at 801-902-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal information that You submit to ADP while online may be accessed and downloaded by Spillman professionals located in the U.S. through a secured connection to the ADP database and used for evaluating Your qualifications for the job for which You have applied and other jobs that may suit Your experience and qualifications. In addition, the provisions of this policy relating to use of information apply to any information that may be accessed or downloaded by Spillman from the ADP database.
You may receive emails from ADP about Your application, such as an email thanking You for submitting Your resume.
Other than with ADP and Indeed.com, We do not share resume or application information with third parties without specific authorization from You.
E. Third Parties that Provide Content, Marketing Services, or Functionality on or for Our Service
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Service may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Such third parties include:
- Marketing partners, which help Us understand users requesting information;
- We may provide Your information to Our marketing partner Hubspot, to enable better targeted marketing when you request information. We collect information including Your IP address, domain, your name, email address, telephone number, agency or organization name, city, state, country, number of employees , and job title when You indicate interest in our products and services through the Service. Information about Hubspot’s privacy practices is available here: http://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
- Social networking services (like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube) that may enable You to login to certain of our Service content and to share things You find on our Service with Your social network;
- If You choose to connect with a social networking service, such as Facebook, We may share information with that service, and that service may share information about You with us.
- Location and mapping providers, such as Mapbox and Google Maps which collect your location and usage data in connection with several features of the Service including Locate Me, Daily Logs and incident reports in the CommunityConnect app. This data may be combined with data We have collected from other sources. Information about Mapbox’s privacy practices is available here: https://www.mapbox.com/privacy/ https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/policies/privacy/index.html https://www.google.com/help/legalnotices_maps.html https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/help/terms_maps.html https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3467281 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203033. To turn location on or off for internet browsers, please access your browser settings; and
- We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers in connection with our Apps. Google Analytics collects and stores information from users of the Apps, such as an identifier that helps Google determine which ads it has served to other mobile applications on Your device, location-based data, IP address, type of operating system used, device ID, application pages visited, and time spent on each application page and in total.
F. Investigations and Law
We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Investigate fraud and abuse on the Service;
- Take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of users or others;
- Respond to claims and legal process (e.g., subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
G. Business Changes
If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
H. Aggregated Information
We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Service, You are responsible for keeping Your password confidential. We ask You not to share your password with anyone.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding with which information You provide Us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners.
WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR ANY CAUSE BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
DATA RETENTION POLICY, MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Service.
Changing Your Information
To change Your information, please update Your settings on Your mobile device or contact Us at email@example.com.
Closing Your Account
You may close Your account by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may close Your account without notice.
You can make changes regarding opting out of or otherwise receiving email communications from Us by contacting Us at email@example.com.
With Your consent, We may send push notifications or alerts to Your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings within our mobile application(s) or by uninstalling our application(s) from Your device.
We currently use location information in connection with the Service. You can disable location information, but if You do so, Your experience on the Service will not be as customized and some features may not work. If You initially consented to Our collection of location information, You can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by following the standard uninstall process to remove Our apps from Your device or following the instructions found in the Third Parties that Provide Content, Marketing Services, or Functionality on or for Our Service section above. Additionally, if You consented to the collection of location data on Our website, or on Our partners' websites, and wish to withdraw that consent, You can likely adjust the settings in Your Internet browser.
Opt-Outs Available from Our Partners
Some of our partners allow users to opt-out of their collection of information. See “Third Parties that Provide Content, Marketing Services, or Functionality on or for Our Service” section above for details.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS; DO NOT TRACK POLICY
Your browser may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites and mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites and mobile applications and services. The Service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We collect information about Your online activity both while You are using the Service and after You leave the Service.
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not use the Service and please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact Us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HOW TO CONTACT US
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please email Us at email@example.com or write Us at Spillman Technologies, Privacy Director, 4625 Lake Park Blvd., Salt Lake City, Utah 84120.
Last modified: October 3, 2016