What's new at the Spring Event (13/14 June) and news from the 25th Annual Event (20/21 March)
The next opportunity to catch up with us at a B-APCO event is The November event is B-APCO Satellite Series Newcastle at St. James's Park, 7/8 November.
British APCO 2018 is now in it's 25th year and is recognised as the UK's leading public safety event. We are now in our third year as a Platinum sponsor of the event and we are also Platinum sponsors of this year's June and November events.
Both the main March event and June's satellite event are now over but you can still use this page to keep updated on our B-APCO related activity.
NEWS FROM 20 MARCH: Launching at BAPCO 2018: Pronto Biometrics now enables UK Police officers to identify suspects on the frontline in less than 60 seconds. More about Pronto.
We took a very active part in the March exhibition and in the conference too.
Here are some of the key sesions we participated in, in the conference and technology showcase theatre:
- Tuesday 20 March, 10:15 – 11:00 - ‘Delivering The ESN Solution - EE and Motorola Solutions Update’ including contributions from Mick Rhodes, Programme Director, User Services, Emergency Services Network, Motorola Solutions (main conference)
- Tuesday 20 March, 12:30 – 13:15 - ‘Airwave – still working and still here’ by Martin Benke, Vice President MSSSI (Technology Showcase Theatre)
- Tuesday 20 March, 13:15 - 14:00 - 'Control Rooms in the Cloud' by Yann Marston Strategic Sales UK&I and Steve Beach Smart Public Safety Solutions Manager (main conference)
- Wednesday 21 March, 12:30 – 13:15 - ‘Digital Mobile Policing Today’ by Chief Inspector Ian Williams, West Yorkshire Police and David Robinson (Technology Showcase Theatre)
- Wednesday 21 March, 14:15 – 15:00 - ‘What Does 4G LTE Technology Really Mean For Public Safety And Users?’ - panel discussion with participation by Tunde Williams, Head of Field and Solutions Marketing EMEA, Motorola Solutions (main conference)
We had lots for visitors to experience on stand G5:
- Airwave (Airwave CRS) - our cloud-based Control Room Solution simplifies your control room’s ESN upgrade. It is available as software as a service (SaaS) and provides ongoing, enhanced communication functionality to meet the needs of the emergency services, enabling you to stay-up-to-date and save money.
- Our CommandCentral platform turns abundant data into actionable insights that lead to better outcomes for the community. CommandCentral Aware aggregates and integrates streaming video, real-time alerts, advanced data analytics, resource tracking, social media analytics, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), into a single, intuitive interface with layered geospatial mapping. It allows Operators and Analysts in a control room to communicate actionable intelligence to field staff.
- Pronto puts digital technology on the front line. Our Pronto application suite currently supports a third of the UK Police service to deliver effective mobile digital policing. Pronto is proven to deliver significant operational and cashable benefits, and provides officers with an intuitive solution to enhance the end user experience.
- Two new Mixed Reality demonstrations. A Future Fire Fighter Commander is able to get partly immersed in an incident using Mixed-Reality Technology. A remote Future Police Incident Commander can gain instant understanding of a scene. Wearable technology, drones, broadband and artificial intelligence together create a 3D holographic visualisation of the incident.
- Purpose Built Devices on show will include our TETRA portable two-way radios, the MDT-3 Mobile Data Terminal, MOTOTRBO devices and accessories for the fireground, the LEX L10 LTE handheld device and our Si500 body worn video system.
We hope you can use this site to catch up on what happens in the conference and at the exhibition. We aim to keep this site updated with relevant news as it happens.
VIDEO NEWS, PREVIEWS AND HIGHLIGHTS
THINK PUBLIC SAFETY BLOG
Occasionally I get to feature some videos and news that have hit the spot with the Public Safety community as well as exemplifying our company philosophy of continuous innovation and quality in...
Julian Foster sat down with Paul Steinberg , to discuss how Motorola Solutions’ CTO team are developing future technologies to keep front line officers safe and communities thriving. ...
Today, mission critical communication plays a vital role in enabling emergency personnel to stay connected and protect communities around the world. Organisations and agencies – including police,...