Smallest submersible P25 portable radio
The Vertex Standard VX-P820 series offers P25 technology in a compact and feature rich form factor, not found in many other radios of the same size.
P25 Digital Mode Capabilities:
Supports selective calling, Talk Group IDs (TGID), Network Access Codes, Individual ID lists and Paging Group lists for flexible communications.
Options available to support both Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Data Encryption Standard (DES) as required by APCO Project 25. Additionally, multiple encryption keys can be stored in the radio.
Seamlessly switch between analogue to P25 digital mode on each channel based on call type received and on programming for transmit.
Enhanced Voice Quality
Featuring the AMBE+2™ Vocoder, get exceptional voice quality in both digital P25 and narrow-band modes of operation. Suppresses background noise and improves clarity of radio transmission.
The RSSI indictor emits an audible alert when the receive signal strength drops to a level not suitable for reliable communications.
Additional P25 Mode Features:
- Caller ID Display (w/LCD)
- BCLO, TOT Functions
Intrinsically safe models are SGS certified to the requirements of ANSI/UL913 5th Edition for use in Class I, II, III, Division 1; Groups C, D, E, F, G; Temp T3C hazardous locations.
When Safety Counts - Never Be Alone
Includes Emergency notification that will switch to a designated channel and send an emergency alert for help.
The radios also include Remote Monitor which lets you monitor the situation happening near a target radio if someone is unresponsive. For enhanced user safety in analogue mode, Lone Worker is a built-in timer that requires the user to reset at a predetermined interval. If not reset, the radio automatically switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
Analogue Mode Only Features
- 512 Channels / 32 Groups (VX-P824 / VX-P829)
- 16 Channels (VX-P821)
- 5 Watts
- 700 mW Audio output
- 9 programmable keys (VX-P829)
- 7 programmable keys (VX-P824)
- 3 Programmable keys (VX-P821)
- IP Rating: 57 (1 metre – 30 minutes)
- Direct channel recall (VX-P824 / VX-P829)
- Field programmable (VX-P829)
- Intrinsically safe (option)*
- 12-Character alphanumeric display (VX-P824 / VX-P829)
- Busy Channel Lockout, Busy Tone Lockout and Time out timer (TOT) Functions
- User set mode (VX-P824 / VX-P829)
- Minimum volume control
- PC Programmable
Additional Features (Both modes)
- RX/TX Battery Power Save
- CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
- Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™)
- User Selectable Tone (VX-P824 and VX-P829)
- Programmable 7-colour LED alert (2-Tone Mode)
- Radio-To-Radio Cloning
P25 Digital Mode only features
- AMBE+2™ Vocoder
- Caller ID (VX-P824 / VX-P829)
- RSSI Indicator and Audible Alert (VX-P824 / VX-P829)
- AES/DES Encryption (options)