Mobile Communications At An Optimal
The VX-4600 mobile radios are fully equipped with enhanced features and signalling performance functions for a more tractable communication and ensuring worker’s safety.
Extended Signalling and Security Capabilities
The VX-4600 series provides a full range of signalling capabilities including 2-tone, 5-tone and MDC 1200® encode/decode for selective calling. With the built-in voice inversion encryption, private communication is enhanced, ensuring messages could only be heard by those intended.
Enhanced Audio Performance
- Channel Announcement function works to simplify your chore of switching from the current channel to other channels while task on hand.
- Equipped with Voice Activation (VOX) to enable users to transmit voice without pressing the hands-free operation for convenience.
- Suitable for noisy environment, where the Clear Voice function can be activated to ensure your message is heard.
- Suitable for quiet environment, where the Whisper capability function can be activated to augment audio transmit, perfect for much needed discreet communications.
- Equipped with the DVS-8 Voice Storage unit, which enables you to record and store up to 120 seconds of important messages.
Monitoring Worker Safety
The VX-4600 series, as with all the Vertex Standard radios, has three key features to ensure the safety of the user.
- Built-in Emergency Alert
Equipped with the built-in Emergency notification function, which will switch to a designated channel, send an emergency unit ID and transmit with a live microphone, an added benefit when working alone.
- Lone Worker Alert
Operators can activate this function when leaving equipment or a vehicle temporarily. If a problem arises while away, the radio switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
- Vertex Standard’s exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System - ARTS™
A function that keeps the user within communication range with other ARTS™- equipped radios, so constant contact is at its optimal.
Manageable System for Large Group Communications
The VX-4600 series with 512-channel capacity and 32 groups for easy operations at the most complex job.
Remote mount option
If there is limited space, this radio has the added benefit of a remote mounted faceplate. Mount the faceplate in the dashboard and the main radio elsewhere; concealed under a seat or behind the driver in the cab of a truck, with no impact to your communications. The optional remote mount kit comes complete with a five metre ribbon cable with waterproof connectors.
- 6 Programmable keys
- 8-Character alphanumeric display
- RSSI signal strength indicator
- DTMF Paging
- DTMF ANI
- Speed dial
- CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
- BCLO / BTLO and TOT Functions
- Direct channel entry
- Minimum volume control
- Talk around
- Priority scan
- Dual priority scan
- Dual watch scan
- Follow-me scan
- Talk around scan
- Talk back scan
- Operator selectable scan
- Group scan
- Manual squelch control
- D-sub 15 pin accessory connector
- Public address / horn alert
- Radio-to-radio cloning