WHAT IS TETRA?
TETRA, or Terrestrial Trunked Radio is a global Land Mobile Radio (LMR) open standard for digital trunked radio technology. The standard was developed by public safety and two-way radio industry experts together with the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) to ensure TETRA portable / handheld, mobile / vehicle-mounted and fixed-base devices, as well as the network infrastructure, provide secure, reliable and instant voice and data communications in mission critical, operations critical and business critical environments.
What is TETRA?
Who would use TETRA technology?
TETRA systems are used in both public safety and commercial sectors by organisations that need reliability, capacity and security for their communications. TETRA infrastructures, devices, services and applications are used by many industries, including Public Safety, Oil & Gas, Transport and Logistics, Utilities and more.
The effectiveness, reliability and security of TETRA combined with its range of applications, makes it the primary means of communication for many businesses and organisations. TETRA technologies enable every industry to have safe and reliable communications.
That is why you’ll find TETRA technology deployed in over 100 countries, supporting Police, Emergency Medical and Fire and Rescue Services as well as utility companies, rail and metro lines, power stations, oil refineries and chemical plants.The Benefits of TETRA
TETRA delivers proven mission critical communications and is trusted to deliver it cost effectively. Building on this, Motorola Solutions’ DIMETRA infrastructure and TETRA radios offer five core benefits:
- Coverage - designed to meet specific requirements, whether a single-site facility, a multi-site operation, a regional or national network
- Capacity - the system is designed to address peak usage, using dedicated licensed spectrum and right-sized to each organisation’s specific needs - so calls always get through
- Cost - predictable costs, no additional airtime fees like those associated with commercial mobile phone networks
- Control - a high degree of control over the system requirements, design, priorities, features, and operation - allowing a system to be configured for how you need to use it
- Capabilities - purpose-built devices and networks, secure communications with core safety and reliability features, and data applications to increase efficiency and productivity
Rugged and reliable TETRA devices to meet the unique requirements of mission critical communications from rail and metro to oil and gas, and utilities to public safety.Explore devices
DIMETRA™ TETRA systems
From single site to fully scalable, tough resilient and efficient TETRA Systems for mission critical communications.Explore systems
A comprehensive range of support services to maximise system uptime including: support; maintenance; training; optimisation; security and network management services.Discover services
Add intelligence to your system. From applications to track your people to iTM to manage your radio fleet.Explore applications