The application provides a way to send and receive operational information between devices in the field, radios or mobile equipment, and corporate servers.
The architecture is client – server with two types of clients: internal and external. The system is oriented to the transmission of short burst of data in a wide area covered by the radio network. The application in the client side can consult databases or send information in the form of predefined formats.
Devices in the field can be portable radios like DGP8550 or DGP5550, mobile computing devices, Tablets or smartphones, portable printers, bar code scanners, etc. The devices, different to radios, employ Bluetooth connectivity to interact with the radios that act like gateways and with the system.
• The architecture of the solution is client-server.
• Devices in the field can be grouped in two types of clients: internal and external.
• The internal client can use the display and keypad of the radio in conjunction with the Generic Option Board installed into the enhanced portfolio radios.
• For applications with more computing needs, better or easy to use GUI, external clients like Tablets or Smartphones can interact with the radio network through Bluetooth connections build into the radios of the enhanced portfolio.
• Devices like wireless printers and scanners can work with the application using radios of the enhanced portfolio.
• The server side may be configured to work like an autonomous entity or in conjunction with external enterprise or database applications.
For the server side
• Operating system: Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro.
• Processor: Intel i3 or better.
• Hard disk: Initially requires 200MB approximately.
• RAM: 2GB
• Optical unit: DVD
• USB ports: USB1.1
• Monitor: Recommended LED, 19” or better.
For the external client side
• Operating system: Android 2.1 or better.
• Storing: Initially requires 10MB approximately.
• RAM: 1GB
• Bluetooth: 2.1 + EDR. Class 2.