September 23, 2013
Motorola’s Security Solutions at the Forefront of the 2013 ASIS International Seminar
CONNECT WITH THE CITY
Earlier this year, Motorola announced the Real-Time Crime Center solution, which helps officers approach an incident armed with more operational intelligence. As a key component, the Motorola Real-Time Intelligence Console provides public safety with a first-of-its-kind, configurable view that integrates multiple disparate systems into a unified operational workflow. At ASIS, the full solution will demonstrate better situational awareness, which allows for more proactive responses resulting in smarter and safer decisions:
- Establish direct communications with first responders is established by connecting to a Motorola P25 voice system through an integrated MCC 7100 IP Dispatch Console to share relevant information quickly over a voice channel.
- Interface with an agency’s existing Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) platform and pull relevant information stored in CAD such as dispatcher notes, person, place or asset information and snapshots to enhance decision-making.
- Access relevant event information from sensors placed in the community such as Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) or gunshot detection.
- Link video from a quickly-deployed POD1000 Modular Video Surveillance System directly into the Real-Time Intelligence Console where a detective or video analyst can remotely monitor the feed and dispatch resources when required. Streaming video can be shared between communications centers and responders with Real-Time Video Intelligence.
PROCEED WITH INTELLIGENCE
The Connected Law Enforcement Officer mannequin will demonstrate how officers increase efficiency by completing tasks from the field and stay safe with mission-critical voice and data, updated threat warnings and automatic health and status monitoring. Motorola’s Connected Patrol Vehicle solution acts as a virtual partner for law enforcement officials in the field. Officers can be ready for what’s next by utilizing the information generated by multiple technologies and solutions working together to increase situational awareness including:
- The APX™ 7000 and APX™ 7500 P25 portable and mobile multiband radios enable instant multi-agency interoperability for mission-critical first responders.
- The LEX 700 Mission-Critical Handheld, with the Jelly Bean version of the Android™ operating system, is the first purpose-built smart phone device for Public Safety LTE broadband and is designed to deliver multimedia data, photos, video and voice.
- The MVX1000 is a rugged, in-car state-of-the-art digital video recording system that can include up to four video and audio sources to capture critical incident data.
- The MW810 Mobile Workstation is a connected, rugged and versatile workstation powered to run the latest video and security applications.
MANAGE THE COMPLEXITY
- Motorola’s professional services help with visioning, design, planning and security to ensure that customers are well prepared for organizational transformation and can demonstrate measurable improvements to their communities.
- Ideal for protecting customers’ technology investments, Service from the Start includes technical support, comprehensive device repair coverage and advance exchange of system components.
- Motorola’s Security Update Service (SUS) reinforces the security and anti-virus software on the ASTRO® 25 infrastructure to protect networks and help ensure uninterrupted government and public safety communications.
ENABLE LOSS PREVENTION
Earlier this year, Motorola announced a partnership with law enforcement and the retail industry to help combat organized retail crime. Stolen merchandise and fencing operations are a $30 billion dollar problem retailers across the country face. Motorola will be demonstrating how some of its leading retail and inventory management solutions are being used by store and loss prevention managers in conjunction with the Real-Time Crime Center solution to proactively identify issues:
- SB1 smart badge - This smart, wearable mobile device empowers sales associates and task workers with task management and real-time alerting of potential thefts.
- MC40 mobile computer - The MC40 is the first multi-purpose mobile computer for retail that incorporates real-time inventory management with PCI-compliant wireless security.
- ET1 tablet – Designed for store operations, planogram management and mobile manager applications, the Android-based ET1 tablet is now available in secure WAN or WLAN configurations for constant visibility to store operations and access to outside help.
Website: Motorola Solutions Security Services
Video: Real-Time Crime Center Solution Tour
Solution Brief: Police and Retailers Join Forces to Fight Organized Retail Theft
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts