How can you find funding opportunities that apply to your needs? Click on an industry link on your left and you'll find a simple summary of the grant requirements, plus webinars and presentation materials that further explain the opportunity, application deadlines and case studies about how other users like you have used wireless solutions to improve their performance.
Read the memo from FEMA clarifying that the prohibition on using DHS/FEMA grant funds for 700 MHz broadband investments does not apply to 700 MHz LMR equipment.
The FY 2013 Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) program provides financial assistance directly to fire departments, nonaffiliated EMS organizations and state fire-training academies. Applications due by December 6. Learn more
FY 2013 AFG guidance materials are now available from FEMA:
• FY 2013 AFG Get Ready Guide Application Narrative
• FY 2013 AFG Self Evaluation Operations and Safety
• FY 2013 AFG Self Evaluation Vehicle Acquisition
• FY 2013 AFG Regional Workshop Presentation
• FY 2013 AFG Get Ready Guide Application Information
Upcoming workshops will help potential applicants understand the FY 2013 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Program. Presentation topics include:
• Programmatic changes since FY 2012
• Funding priorities
• AFG funding opportunities
• Application evaluation criteria
• SAM.gov registration
See the workshop schedule
DHS announced the Fiscal Year 2013 DHS Preparedness Grant Program funding allocation. Read "Information Bulletin No. 390: Fiscal Year 2013 DHS Preparedness Grant Program Allocation Announcement"
FEMA provides state and local governments with preparedness program funding to enhance the capacity of state and local emergency responders. Learn more about the DHS grants:
• Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) which includes:
• Operation Stonegarden (OPSG)
• Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI)
• Port Security Grant Program (PSGP)
• Transit Security Grant Program (TSGP)
• Tribal Homeland Security Grant Program (THSGP)
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Emergency Communications issued the Fiscal Year 2013 SAFECOM Guidance for Emergency Communications Grants. Learn more.
Read this informative update on the 2013 Federal Grant Programs and Funding. The brief includes steps you should take now to be prepared when the grants are formally announced.
Cleveland relies on its Motorola wireless video surveillance network to protect the city from Homeland Security threats and to proactively help prevent crime.
The San Fernando Police Department leverages grant assistance from Motorola Solutions, is awarded the “Virtual Patrol Grant” and implements Motorola mobility solutions to optimize their workforce and help keep officers and citizens safe.