SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – June 12, 2012 - Businesses can connect on a whole new level with MOTOTRBO™, the digital communications platform from Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI). Today, Motorola is unveiling the XPR™ 7000 and XPR™ 3000 Series portables. These digital radios are designed to meet the communication needs of customers in the public service, manufacturing, education, hospitality and services industries. As part of the industry-leading MOTOTRBO portfolio of radios, accessories, applications and systems, these new radios add to a growing family of devices giving customers a choice of different form factors and feature sets, as seen in the ultra-thin and lightweight SL Series portable and XPR 5000 Series mobile, which both launched earlier this year.
MOTOTRBO delivers exceptional voice quality, extended battery life, increased capacity and the industry’s largest application developer program allowing businesses to collaborate and communicate. In addition, the MOTOTRBO platform meets the FCC narrowbanding and digital mandates around the world.
XPR 7000 SERIES KEY FACTS
- The XPR 7000 Series professional-tier radios are built to last in the toughest environments, available in both full keypad with color display and non-display models. Building on our highly successful XPR 6000 Series portable line, the XPR 7550 offers additional enhancements such as a five-line color display that enables easy reading of menus and text messages. An innovative day/night-mode feature changes the screen and illuminates icons for enhanced clarity in the darkest and brightest environments.
- The radio features Intelligent Audio, an exclusive feature that automatically adjusts the radio’s volume, for example, so users in a manufacturing plant will not miss calls in high-noise environments or hotel employees will not disturb guests in quiet areas.
- Enhanced features such as voice announcement allow for audible confirmation of channel and zone changes, and one-touch access buttons provide quick access to favorite features.
- Integrated Bluetooth® audio allows users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adapter. Motorola offers exclusive Operations Critical Wireless earpieces specifically designed for two-way radio users, allowing employees more mobility and discreet communication. The radio also supports Bluetooth data connectivity to wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers and mobile printers.
- Along with Bluetooth accessories, the XPR 7000 Series also offers a robust portfolio of exclusive IMPRES™ smart audio accessories, batteries and chargers, remote speaker microphones and carry accessories.
- Integrated GPS enables organizations to easily locate mobile workers for increased safety and workforce management.
- The XPR 7000 Series supports the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications including work order ticket management, email, emergency man-down alarms, dispatch and telephony to further enhance user safety, efficiency and work flow for enterprise-critical users.
XPR 3000 SERIES KEY FACTS
- The new XPR 3000 Series is a mid-tier professional portable available in limited keypad-display and non-display models that offer customers a smart way to migrate to digital. With analog and digital interoperability, customers can make the transition to digital at their own pace and budget.
- The XPR 3000 Series offers a compact and lightweight design, making it comfortable for users to carry during long work shifts. The two-line display and navigation menu make the radio intuitive and easy to use so workers can stay focused on the job at hand – which is critical in industries such as manufacturing, education and services.
- An innovative new connector design allows accessories to be securely attached and detached in seconds, without the use of any tools.
- The radio software can be upgraded to add radio and system features for increased capacity and coverage.
- The XPR 3000 Series delivers exceptional audio performance, with features such as noise suppression, Intelligent Audio, voice announcement and IMPRES smart audio accessories.
In addition, Motorola is announcing Linked Capacity Plus, an entry-level system offering a cost-effective voice and data communications solution. Leveraging advanced repeater software, it is available in single-site and wide-area configurations. This is an ideal solution to keep large work teams connected in industries such as education (kindergarten through grade 12) and hospitality.
Linked Capacity Plus makes it possible to communicate across a wide area by linking sites across an Internet Protocol (IP) network, delivering five times the capacity of an analog conventional system. The system supports up to six voice paths for systems with up to five sites and up to 12 voice paths for systems with three sites or fewer. Additionally, it allows up to six dedicated data paths per site, integrating voice with data applications such as GPS-enabled location services, text messaging and telemetry on the same system. Existing MOTOTRBO systems can be easily upgraded to a Linked Capacity Plus configuration so businesses can meet their growing communications needs while leveraging their existing equipment.
Juan Valez, director of Information Technology, Acqualina Resort & Spa, Miami Beach, Florida
“Two-way radio communication at our resort is critical. We need all of our employees to be informed about what happens, all through the property. Our talkgroups consist of four main departments – engineering, security, housekeeping and the front desk. They all use two-way radios for interdepartmental communication. MOTOTRBO provides a range of device solutions designed to meet the different needs of our users so that we can deliver 5-star service to our guests.”
Jeff Spaeth, corporate vice president, Radio Products and Accessories, Motorola Solutions
“MOTOTRBO has redefined what our customers expect from a two-way radio, with the convergence of push-to-talk voice and data allowing users to communicate and work together on a whole new level. These new radios offer customers more alternatives to keep the entire enterprise connected, ultimately helping to streamline business operations and increase work group effectiveness.”
Randy Helm, director, Product Management, North America, Motorola Solutions
“Every customer is different and has different needs. The scalability of MOTOTRBO and the various device options ensure a customized system tailored to their needs. Whether it’s an airline customer trying to communicate on a noisy airfield or a utility customer managing multiple workers and work tickets, MOTOTRBO offers the right solution.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts