IDSTEIN, Germany – 26 Sept, 2011 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, has won the recent invitation to a European tender to supply TETRA digital radio solutions to security authorities and organisations (Behörden und Organisationen mit Sicherheitsaufgaben, BOS) in Hessen, Germany. The approximately 53,000 digital two-way radios plus accessories and supporting services will be used by the police, emergency services, aid agencies as well as public and private fire departments in Hessen. The order includes the MTP830 FuG and MTP850 FuG TETRA handheld digital radios, the MTM800 FuG TETRA vehicle mobile radios as well as the MTP850Ex portable ATEX radios for use in hazardous environments. The radio solutions from Motorola were specially developed in accordance with the requirements of German authorities and organisations with roles in security and the emergency services. The solutions will ensure secure, reliable voice and data communication for the public safety organisations in Hessen.
With this latest win Motorola demonstrates again its leading role in delivering trusted mission critical solutions worldwide and in Germany. This order follows a range of other TETRA tender wins in federal states in Germany such as Lower Saxony, Berlin, Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, Thuringia and the Federal Ministry of the Interior.
· TETRA digital two-way radio solutions from Motorola are characterised by robust design and intuitive operation. The FuG series supports end-to-end encryption in accordance with the requirements of the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for tap-proof communication. The radio makes use of an easy-to-use cell phone like interface which speeds adaption as users are more familiar with how to operate the radio.
· Delivery also includes the integrated Terminal Management (iTM) solution from Motorola. This system makes it possible to manage the software and configurations of all the radio terminals efficiently from a central location using a remote function. Consequently, software updates are performed more rapidly and reliably, and iTM offers increased security for terminal users as well as more efficient and cost effective management of the terminals themselves.
· The contract contains extensive services, which enable public safety organisations in Hessen to easily use TETRA digital two-way radios. This involves trainings, technical support, programming of terminals as well as set-up and management of a web-based order system for all non-police security authorities and organisations.
· The Motorola TETRA portfolio comprises infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently used in more than 100 countries around the world. The company continues to maintain its leading position in the area of TETRA digital radio solutions where it recently announced the milestone of 1,500,000 TETRA terminals worldwide.
· Motorola's robust, intuitively operated products are subjected to rigorous testing at every stage from the development phase onwards to guarantee high quality and reliable operation even under extreme conditions.
Tom Quirke, vice president and general manager, Global TETRA Organization, Motorola Solutions
"We are delighted to supply the federal state of Hessen with TETRA digital radio solutions, thus enabling reliable communication for police and fire departments. This order follows a range of other Motorola TETRA tender wins in Germany such as Berlin, Lower Saxony, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, Schleswig-Holstein, Thuringia and the Federal Ministry of the Interior."
Website: Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts