SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – May 30, 2013 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today published its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report. Motorola Solutions is dedicated to operating ethically, protecting the environment and supporting the communities where it does business. The 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report highlights the ways Motorola Solutions is working to continue to be a responsible corporate citizen and help people be their best in the moments that matter.
- Motorola Solutions helped initiate the Solutions for Hope project, a closed-supply system of mining conflict-free tantalum from the Democratic Republic of Congo, and in 2012 helped launch the Conflict-Free Tin Initiative.
- About 22 percent of the electricity Motorola Solutions used globally in 2012 was from renewable sources. The company has set a goal to increase global use of electricity from renewable sources to 30 percent by 2020.
- Motorola Solutions has a goal to reduce global waste by 10 percent from 2011 by 2015 as well as increase its recycling rate to 90 percent by 2015.
- In 2012, Motorola Solutions and the Motorola Solutions Foundation donated more than $17 million in cash and products, focusing the donations on education, public safety and disaster relief.
- In 2012, Motorola Solutions Foundation grants helped more than 700,000 teachers, students, first responders and community members in 37 countries.
- Employees volunteered more than 55,000 hours of their time in 2012 to groups focusing on education, public safety and disaster relief.
- In 2013, Motorola Solutions was named to the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable corporations, ranking No. 59. Motorola Solutions also moved from No. 77 to No. 32 on the CR Magazine 100 Best U.S. Corporate Citizens™ list in 2013.
- In 2012, Newsweek ranked Motorola Solutions No. 20 on its U.S. Green Rankings.
- The company is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes and FTSE4Good sustainability index.
Jodi Shapiro, vice president, Environment, Health and Safety, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions is proud of its strong environmental performance, and we’re pleased with the progress we’ve made on our corporate responsibility programs. We’ve made great progress with our initiatives to source conflict-free minerals from the Democratic Republic of Congo. We continue to identify and implement new ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations. And we set challenging goals to make sure we continue to be a leader in sustainability.”
Matt Blakely, director, Motorola Solutions Foundation
“Our activities as a global business extend beyond providing innovative communications and technology solutions, and we’re proud of the positive impact we make in our communities. From encouraging the next generation of innovators, to supporting training for first responders, to providing emergency disaster relief, our grants and our employees help make a difference in moments that really matter. We continue to look for ways to make our communities better and safer, and we continue to encourage our employees to be generous with their time and talents.”
Website: Corporate Responsibility at Motorola Solutions
Blog: Corporate Responsibility
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts