PHILADELPHIA (APCO, Motorola Solutions Booth # 1221) – Aug. 8, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is highlighting its latest innovations at APCO 2011, the largest public safety communications event in North America. Motorola will show advancements including the latest APX products, accessories and applications, live Long Term Evolution (LTE) demonstrations, public safety vehicles with access to Public Safety LTE networks and LTE Cloud Core services. Motorola experts Al Ittner and Rishi Bhaskar will be participating on panels to discuss high-profile topics focusing on the FCC narrowbanding mandate and broadband communications for first responders.
- Motorola will be rolling out two Public Safety LTE-equipped vehicles at APCO 2011: a Chevrolet Caprice PPV and a Chevrolet Tahoe PPV with integrated VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem, integrated steering wheel push-to-talk (PTT), APX 7500 Multi-Band Mobile Radio with O9 Control Head that operates the mobile radio, siren and lights, MVX1000 Digital In-Car Video System, MW810 Mobile Workstation, Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR), Real-Time Video Intelligence (RTVI) and PremierOne™ Mobile.
- Motorola continues to expand its ASTRO® 25 Project 25 (P25) two-way radio portfolio with the addition of the APX 7500 multiband consolette. The consolette supports both P25 Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and P25 Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) and multiband interoperability.
- Motorola added a new Public Safety LTE Cloud Core service to its portfolio of Public Safety Managed Services to give law enforcement agencies more choice in deploying next generation mission-critical broadband communications.
- The APX XE Remote Speaker Microphone (RSM) is the first accessory targeted at the fire market to feature a two-microphone design that provides exceptional noise suppression for first responders working in extremely loud environments.
- The APX portable radios are the first P25 two-way radios capable of supporting a growing ecosystem of public safety applications for first responders. Applications being demonstrated at the show include bio monitoring, indoor location and man down.
- The new MCD 5000 Deskset System is the platform for conventional and trunked communications. Designed with maximum usability and flexibility the MCD 5000 Deskset has a large and easy-to-read color LCD screen, intuitive layout, programmable softkeys and power over Ethernet (PoE) port.
- Sixteen customers, including public safety and utilities, have already contracted with Motorola to deliver the P25 Phase 2 TDMA trunking system and those systems will begin shipping in August 2011.
- Monday, Aug. 8, 2011, 4:00-5:15
Narrowbanding: What You Need to Know to be Compliant"
Panel led by Al Ittner
- Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2011, 11:00-12:15
"Broadband Communications to Enable First Responders with New Level of Information"
Panel led by Al Ittner with Rishi Bhaskar participating
Bob Schassler, senior vice president, Worldwide Radio Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“APCO provides an outstanding opportunity to showcase our newest public safety innovations in broadband, Project 25 and other mission-critical communications areas. Many of the products and solutions that we are demonstrating this year are firsts for the industry, and we are proud to have developed these along with our partners in the public safety community.”
Website: Next Generation Public Safety
Website: Public Safety LTE
Website: UM1000 LTE USB Modem
Website: VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem
Website: Project 25 TDMA with Dynamic Dual Mode
Website: Project 25 TDMA Whitepaper
APX XE Awards News Release: Motorola Solutions’ APX™ 7000XE P25 Portable Radio Earns Industry Recognition for Excellence in Product Design
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts