SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Aug. 4, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced a $14 million contract award with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO). The contract is for the full suite of the company’s PremierOne™ solution for Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Mobile, Records and Jail applications. The system will utilize Microsoft’s Connected Justice and Public Safety (JPS) Solution to streamline the integration of PBSO public safety systems and provide a unified view of county-wide information. Motorola was selected based on its ability to deliver an integrated solution based on industry standard technology that will enhance information flow, improve response times and increase responder and citizen safety.
- PremierOne is a NG9-1-1 and multimedia-ready platform that provides next generation technology geared to bring all system components together into a single, streamlined operational environment.
- The PremierOne command and control solution includes the following capabilities:
- PremierOne’s architecture leverages the entire platform to ensure uniform information flow between PremierOne CAD, Mobile, Records and Jail applications.
- Common Services including messaging, query and Geographic Information Services (GIS) reduce administration needs and provide consistent user experiences from all PremierOne applications.
- Esri®-based GIS and advanced mapping capabilities are directly embedded into PremierOne to provide enhanced and accurate information for statistics and reporting.
- Dispatchers can attach real-time query results and other multimedia information to calls for service for heightened awareness and a higher safety factor for first responders and citizens.
- PremierOne is highly configurable to meet an agency’s specific needs and workflows, maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Advanced remote deployment capabilities enable pre-scheduling server, single-client, multi-agency or fleet-wide updates to minimize or eliminate downtime.
- Integration is available with other Motorola products and solutions such as the MCC 7500 IP Dispatch Console, Motorola GPS-equipped radios, Motorola data-capable radios and real-time video.
- Microsoft’s Connected JPS Solution works with PremierOne to provide a powerful, extensible integration platform to unify the PBSO’s disparate systems and data. The power of Microsoft’s Connected JPS Solution is derived from its unique combination of Microsoft AppFabric, Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010, the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM), the Logical Entity eXchange Specification (LEXS), and the Global Reference Architecture (GRA) to provide the following capabilities for PBSO:
- Justice Process Automation
- System-to-System Information Exchange
- Federated Query of Structured Data
- FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Auditing and Security
- Alerts and Notifications
Tim Boyle, vice president, Motorola Solutions
“The selection of Motorola Solutions’ PremierOne demonstrates the industry’s confidence in our vision for the next generation of public safety and the incident command center. By working closely with Microsoft, we are extending the capabilities of our platform to automate business processes across systems, agencies and jurisdictions for faster and smarter decisions.”
Wes Anderson, vice president, U.S. Public Sector Services, Microsoft
“Our public safety customers seek a better way to eliminate their information silos and gain greater insight to make more-informed decisions. Together with Motorola Solutions, Microsoft has made a commitment to help public safety organizations nationwide achieve simple and secure information sharing using Microsoft technology, open architecture, and national standards. Our commitment is reflected in the work of Microsoft’s Justice and Public Safety Services team and in Microsoft’s Connected JPS Solution. We are thrilled to help PBSO in safeguarding their communities.”
Portal: Next Generation Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
About Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
As Florida’s third largest County in population and second largest in size at 2,578 square miles, the PBSO employs over 4,000 personnel and receives over 1 million calls for service annually. With over 4,000 subscribers PBSO is the largest user on the Palm Beach County Motorola SmartZone™ trunked two-way radio system. To learn more, visit http://www.pbso.org/
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts