August 2, 2012
Why Choose Motorola Solutions’ APX P25 Portable Radios? How about Increased Situational Awareness, First Responder Safety with New Accountability Solution
DENVER (FRI 2012, Motorola Solutions Booth #13037) – Aug. 2, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of innovative, mission-critical communications, has launched a new accountability solution for its award-winning APX™ Project 25 (P25) two-way radios. With the Motorola Tactical Incident Command Solution, incident commanders can accurately and quickly keep track of on-scene firefighter, officer and emergency personnel operations for safer and more efficient fireground and tactical responses. The solution allows for enhanced roll call of personnel in significantly reduced Personnel Accountability Report (PAR) cycle time compared to current practices and advanced accountability functions that eliminate the need for manual reporting. It transforms the situational awareness of incident command with the ability to manage and transmit real-time information of all personnel and resources from a single location.
The Motorola Tactical Incident Command Solution combines the functional capacity and form versatility of the APX P25 portable radios with Systems Definition Inc.’s (SDI) software application. This next generation platform streamlines the identification, scheduling and tracking of all personnel at an incident along with managing the radio battery life, mayday and evacuation alerts, voice responses and resource reports via a single user interface. As a result, real-time decisions can be made based on accountable resources at the scene of an incident.
- The APX P25 portable radio’s roll-call function accurately and rapidly provides an update on each first responder’s radio ID from a single interface within mere minutes, saving significant time and eliminating the need to conduct manual PAR checks.
- When a critical situation arises, the large emergency mayday button on the APX P25 portable radio activates, captures, displays and stores an emergency mayday alarm on the incident command terminal, signaling the identification of a first responder in distress.
- Incident commanders now have enhanced situational awareness on the fireground with a single, easy-to-read graphical user interface to monitor the assignment, activities and maydays of all first responders and to manage the emergency and evacuation alerts so that they can quickly make critical decisions.
- The APX P25 portables are designed to provide the highest level of interoperability and have transformed into a communication hub for first responders at the fireground. Only one network is needed for both voice operations and automatic accountability, as it enables the real-time transmission of mission-critical information back to the incident command via the same range as the local fireground network.
- Motorola’s award-winning APX series of P25 mission-critical two-way radios and accessories, such as the APX XE Remote Speaker Microphone (RSM), provides an ergonomically advanced form factor, optimal functionality, loud and clear audio and dual-band capabilities in one device, allowing first responders the freedom to seamlessly connect between multiple frequencies for better communications with agencies and improved mobility, first responder safety and response time.
- Motorola Solutions continually works with partners, such as SDI, to offer new technologies and functionality to improve the safety, response time and efficiency of first responders. The APX P25 portable radios are future ready to support third-party applications.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Motorola Solutions
“It has never been more important for firefighter accountability and strong incident command at all times. Today, first responder radios have become a mission-critical lifeline. Personnel need to count on their equipment to focus on the emergency at hand, especially when every second matters and lives are on the line. The accountability solution for our APX P25 two-way radios is a key milestone and testament to our continued commitment to provide advanced and innovative P25 technology for firefighters and first responders.”
Frank Briese, president, System Definition, Inc.
“We are pleased to join forces with Motorola Solutions for the launch of a new accountability solution to help arm incident commanders with the communications technology they need for complete situational awareness to monitor their team and make better and informed decisions. Our commitment to providing premier software applications for government and public safety organizations is evident with the advanced roll-call and log-file capabilities on new APX radios.”
Website: APX Series P25 Two-Way Radios
Website: Motorola Solutions Fire and Emergency Services
Website: Motorola Solutions Wireless Accessories
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
Systems Definition: www.systemsdefinition.com
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. .
About Systems Definition, Inc.
SDI is a privately held small business located in Alexandria, VA, serving government and private industry with focused and innovative software application development and technical services. To learn more, visit www.systemsdefinition.com and www.firegroundaccountability.com.
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts