BASINGSTOKE, U.K. – Nov. 15, 2012 - Businesses can connect on a whole new level with MOTOTRBO™, the digital radio communications platform from Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI). Today, Motorola is unveiling the DP4000 Ex Series of ATEX- and IECEx-certified portables designed to help keep workers safe in environments containing potentially explosive gas and dust. These digital radios meet the communication needs of customers in the oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, manufacturing and utilities industries. With their highly visible blue and black housing, workers will know they are bringing only ATEX-/IECEx-approved radios into potentially hazardous environments.
The industry-leading MOTOTRBO portfolio consists of radios, accessories, applications and systems that deliver integrated voice and data, clearer voice communications and up to 40 percent longer battery life than analogue. MOTOTRBO not only delivers exceptional voice quality and increased capacity, but it also meets the ETSI DMR Standard and offers the industry’s largest application developer program and broadest portfolio of radio models.
- Exceptional Audio: The radios have Intelligent Audio, an exclusive feature that automatically adjusts volume so users will not miss calls in noisy environments. In addition, the noise suppression capability built into the radio and accessories helps negate background sounds so workers can hear and speak clearly above loud equipment, engines and trucks.
- Built to Last: The DP4000 Ex Series radios are built to last even in the toughest environments. They have the highest ATEX group rating for gas explosions and meet or exceed MIL-STD-810 for exceptional durability. The radios satisfy IP67 specifications to withstand dust and immersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes, and they have been subjected to Motorola Solutions’ unique Accelerated Life Test, which simulates five years of hard use.
- Easy to use: Ergonomically designed for ease-of-use, the radios feature a large PTT, volume and channel knobs and programmable buttons that are simple to operate, even when wearing gloves. A prominent orange emergency button enables workers to quickly call for assistance when needed. Two models are available, allowing communications managers to choose the right radio for their users – the DP4801 Ex with colour display and full keypad and the DP4401 Ex non-display model. Both versions have a bright tri-colour LED to indicate radio status and the DP4801 Ex’s large colour display enables easy access to advanced features like texting and caller ID.
- Complete ATEX-certified solution: Motorola Solutions provides the only ATEX accessories certified to work with these MOTOTRBO ATEX portables. Our exclusive IMPRES™ smart battery, charger and remote speaker microphone, plus carry accessories meet the same tough specs as the DP4000 Ex Series ATEX portables. IMPRES batteries can be charged 150 more times than a standard model, extending battery life and reducing costs. In addition, the radios work with selected Peltor™ heavy-duty headsets that have been tested and certified for use with the DP4000 Ex series.
- Location tracking: The radios have Integrated GPS so organizations can easily locate mobile workers for increased safety and workforce management.
- Industry’s largest portfolio of data applications: The DP4000 Ex Series ATEX portables are supported by the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications, including work order ticket management, telephony, emergency man-down alarms and dispatch. These applications enhance safety and improve efficiency for enterprise-critical users.
- Analogue and digital interoperability: The radios can operate in both analogue and digital modes, so users can make the transition to digital at their own pace and budget.
Jeff Spaeth, corporate vice president, Radio Products and Accessories, Motorola Solutions
“In hazardous locations, our customers need radios and accessories that provide reliable critical communications to help keep workers safe. We are pleased to announce our first DMR digital ATEX-certified radios, the DP4000 Ex Series, the latest addition to our market-leading MOTOTRBO portfolio. We are committed to providing our customers with solutions that keep the entire work team connected, even in tough environments.”
Tim Clark, director, Product Management, EMEA, Motorola Solutions
“Anyone who works in loud, hazardous environments needs the ability to communicate safely, even when there is a risk of combustible dust, explosive chemicals and gas leaks. Whether it’s a worker communicating on a noisy oil rig, in a petrochemical plant or at a food manufacturing facility, our new MOTOTRBO DP4000 Ex Series ATEX radios provide the highest level of protection and safety with exceptional audio performance.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts