June 27, 2011
Motorola Solutions Unveils Next Generation Public Safety Solutions for Asian Law Enforcement Agencies at GPEC 2011
Malaysia, June 27, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a world-leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, is bringing alive the next generation public safety broadband vision at the Global Police Equipment Conference (GPEC) Asia 2011 at the Putrajaya Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 27th to 29th June 2011. GPEC is one of Asia’s largest event and exhibition for enforcement agencies and is a bi-annual regional platform for demonstration of cutting-edge technologies and solutions for law enforcement agencies.
Motorola Solutions has been the trusted provider of public safety solutions to government agencies for over 80 years now, with technology and solutions expertise covering world’s two most widely used open standards - Project 25 and TETRA. The company is now drawing on this distinctive capability and leadership position to extend APCO 25 mission-critical core, the starting point for any public safety communications system, using public safety broadband to combine powerful multimedia applications with advanced devices to interoperate and empower public safety organizations with unprecedented levels of situational awareness and enhanced effectiveness to save lives.
Key Highlights :
· Motorola Solutions next generation public safety (NGPS ) showcase at the booth includes several advanced and specialized video-rich applications, technologies and devices ranging from rugged in-vehicle workstations to innovative public safety handheld devices.
· Advanced integrated command & control solution : Enables daily monitoring or adverse conditions monitoring remotely over secure public safety broadband networks. This allows command & control to track locations of police personnel/patrol vehicle as well as provides a dashboard of the incident(s)/situation(s) real-time video surveillance over wide area broadband network.
· Real-Time Location, Tracking and Surveillance solution : Powerful applications such as Real Time Video Intelligence (RTVi) & Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) mounted on a patrol car enables police patrol vehicles to read license plates faster and officers to make smarter decision. Coupled with the mission critical core P25 network, the result is a coordinated response, improved workforce mobility for a safer community
· Real-Time Data Access & Video Surveillance on the move : The capabilities of MVX1000, an in vehicle data/video recorder integrated with RTVi solution coupled with vehicle mounted rugged laptop enables real-time video feeds/streams to and from Command Centre for critical assessment on the go over public safety broadband by the police officers.
· Real-time video capture beyond the core : Premier MDC (PMDC) is wireless mobile data communication software solutions that give officers quick and secure access to information about people, property and vehicles from the confines of their patrol cars or while on foot, bicycle, horseback or motorcycle patrol. Officers can easily query citizen/vehicles from central database in the Command Centre while maintaining law and order on the move.
· Law Enforcement Mobility using Advanced Devices : This includes demonstration of mission- critical P25 voice network and citizen security applications on Motorola’s ruggedized mobile computing devices.
· Critical Broadband Security : Motorola suite of WLAN access solutions and the AirDenfense wireless security solutions with its wireless intrusion detection and prevention capabilities (WIDS/WIPS), advanced forensics analysis and network assurance which public safety agencies can trust to safeguard their wireless broadband networks.
Balbir Singh, Vice-President – Asia Pacific, Government & Enterprise Solutions, Motorola Solutions.
“We have been working with public safety agencies for over 85 years now and this gives us unique insights into the pressures officers face during a mission and it is this relationship, resulting insights, need combined with our innovation strength that are the driving force behind our next generation public safety vision and also our leadership position, a fact that has resulted in Motorola Solutions being awarded the breakthrough public safety broadband contract award in the US based on public safety broadband .”
Mohd. Rauf Nasir, Country Manager, Motorola Solutions Malaysia and Systems Sales Director, Government & Public Safety Business, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions is driving the industry’s most comprehensive next generation public safety communications plan. Leveraging standards-based broadband, Public Safety broadband networks deliver the priority, security and control demands in public safety operations while integrating with mission critical voice and public carrier networks or independent public safety broadband networks for unprecedented public safety capabilities. It is the deep domain knowledge and technical expertise that we are committed to offering our customers in Malaysia.”