The solutions will focus on law enforcement’s critical issues and equipping first responders with new advancements in next generation incident command as well as an extended line of mission-critical accessories.
KEY FACTS ABOUT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS AT APCO
- The Real-Time Crime Center solution takes inputs from multiple data sources such as video, sensors, alarms, computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and records and combines them with data analytics and mission-critical radio networks to deliver one, unified operational view.
- WAVE Broadband Push-To-Talk (PTT) allows us to deliver the industry’s most complete PTT solutions portfolio by extending the reach of radio systems to broadband networks and devices, and enabling non-radio users to participate in secure PTT communications using the type of device they want to carry. A suite of mobile and desktop applications turn Android, iPhone and BlackBerry smartphones and tablets, laptops and PCs into effective team collaboration tools, allowing users to communicate quickly and securely with PTT from the office or in the field. Already the most widely deployed solution for broadband PTT with an extensive military and government installed base, the current version of WAVE Broadband PTT enables wireless integration for ASTRO 25 conventional systems via MOTOBRIDGE radio gateways. Additional enhancements are planned for later this year which will provide wireline integration with ASTRO 25 trunked systems via ISSI.
- The new VML750 LTE Vehicle Modem supports commercial carrier 3G/4G LTE (Band 13) as well as Public Safety LTE (Band 14). Now public safety, government service and utilities have an even more powerful and versatile in-vehicle, broadband tool to enable high-speed data with the priority, control, security and performance required to do their mission-critical jobs more efficiently and effectively.
- The Connected Police Officer Solution evolves with new integrated functionality from the APX Radio, LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld and Recon Jet Heads-Up Display. These three devices create a personal area network around the officer to augment situational awareness and enable Smart Policing. The APX radio pairs with the Recon Jet, ensuring critical notifications from the APX radio can be processed without turning attention away from the scene. These notifications include channel/zone change confirmations, low battery alerts, and incoming messages advising officers to be on the lookout. Upon activating an emergency on the APX radio, the Recon Jet automatically takes a picture of the officer’s point of view and sends it via the LEX 700 into the Intelligent Data Portal over Band 14 Public Safety LTE.
- Intelligent Data Portal is a mobile, cloud-based application that gathers contextual information from existing databases. It then organizes and maps the information using role-based layers to show the location and context of people, resources, events and developing situations. Users in the field can see near real-time updates of data from sensors, surveillance cameras and other events to provide warnings of escalating and evolving situations. Click here to see a video demonstration.
- The Siren and Lights Interface Module for the APX series of mobile radios is the first product launched in this line leveraging the expertise of 54WARD Integrated Solutions, acquired by Motorola in 2013. This new controller allows Motorola’s advanced series of control heads, including the 03, 07 and 09 to operate various light and siren systems from leading manufacturers such as Federal Signal, Code 3 and Whelen Engineering. Using the APX7500 or APX 6500 mobile in conjunction with the Siren and Lights Interface Module allows users to operate all of their mission-critical devices from one Motorola control head.
- The XP remote speaker microphone (RSM) with dual mic noise suppression technology ensures superior transmit audio performance in the presence of traffic noise, crowds or sirens. Designed with mission-critical users in mind, the enhanced ergonomics allow police officers to quickly locate and activate the push-to-talk (PTT) and emergency buttons, while being the thinnest IMPRES™ RSM in the APX audio accessory portfolio. A re-designed 360-degree rotatable shoulder clip provides improved fit on the police uniform epaulette, and now includes a D ring for alternate attachment means. The RSM is available in two models: with a 3.5mm threaded earbud jack at the APX radio accessory interface or as a fully submersible model.
- The APX wireless remote speaker microphone (RSM) features enhanced security, quick pairing, and fast PTT capabilities. With this RSM, for the first time ever, we offer an end user removable battery that enables multi shift usage, and a vehicular charger or dual-unit desk charger for more flexible charging options. Pairing with Motorola’s line of Bluetooth®-enabled APX radios ensures seamless and reliable coverage with pairing voice prompts for easy navigation. By removing the cord, public safety users no longer need to worry about tangled cords and can now work faster, safer and more efficiently.
Join Motorola for the following APCO presentations:
Mon., Aug. 4, 3:00 p.m. Eastern: Thomas Miller will be providing an inside look at real-life applications and benefits of next generation 9-1-1 and computer-aided dispatch (CAD) from Motorola Solutions’ director of North America Government Strategy, based on Motorola’s work on Public Safety Answering Points (PSAP) for sheriff, fire and EMS agencies in two New Orleans communities: Jefferson Parish and Orleans Parish.
Wed., Aug 6: 10:10 a.m. Eastern: Thomas Miller will be discussing the importance of data – both incredibly beneficial and sometimes overwhelming for public safety departments. It takes smart data analytics to reduce the complexity and prioritize information so first responders can do their jobs in a more efficient and safe manner. Experts from Motorola will share insight on how the Ventura Police Department has integrated data analytics, the roll-out/implementation plan and new capabilities public safety can realize from data applications focused on real-time information sharing.
Wed., Aug. 6: 1:10 p.m. Eastern: Trent Miller will use a descriptive scenario of a simple planned event set in the future with a fully built-out PSBN, and will demonstrate how Motorola Solutions prepares for the tools of the future.
Website: Motorola Solutions
Website: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
Video: XP Mic
Facebook: Motorola Solutions Public Safety
Twitter: Motorola Solutions Public Safety
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts