SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Nov. 29, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced a contract to integrate the City of Atlanta’s disparate public and private surveillance camera systems into one common operational environment in the Video Integration Center (VIC). Motorola’s Global Services organization leads a team including ADT Commercial Security, a Tyco International company and CIBER, Inc. to provide a comprehensive solution for the city.
Motorola and ADT Commercial Security have completed the implementation of the first phase of the project by upgrading the city’s existing cameras from analog to digital, and from leased line to wireless backhaul. ADT Government Services Division managed the installation of the wireless network and pan, tilt and zoom (PTZ) cameras in the downtown Atlanta Metro area.
For the next phase of the project, Motorola Global Services is integrating CIBER’s advanced Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) solution. CIBERSecure will combine current and planned video camera systems in the city’s downtown and mid-town areas into a single Command and Control display at Atlanta’s E911 VIC. In addition, Motorola will architect and integrate the solution to provide scalability to realize the city’s vision for public-private partnerships.
- With the completion of the project, the Atlanta Police Department will have the ability to observe incidents as they happen, identify suspicious activity and perpetrators and deploy law enforcement personnel more efficiently.
- The system will give the Atlanta Police Department the capability to integrate public and private video systems, video with computer aided dispatch (CAD), into an integrated suite of emergency dispatch applications that allow call takers and dispatchers to manage incident information more efficiently.
- Motorola and ADT Commercial developed an innovative approach to integrate Atlanta’s disparate networks of public and private surveillance systems into one common operational view, allowing city-wide compatibility. The integrated video surveillance system also will lay the groundwork for future enhancements, including the ability to stream live video to first responders.
- The integrated surveillance system will help the Atlanta Police Department make informed decisions more quickly based on information gleaned through the eyes of a camera, and before a first responder arrives on the scene.
- The Atlanta Police Department also can use archived video taken by the surveillance system as a forensics tool for future investigative purposes.
George N. Turner, Police Chief, Atlanta Police Department
“The Atlanta Police Department is committed to protecting the citizens of this city, with the best law enforcement staff and communications tools available. Thanks to Motorola Solutions, we now have an integrated surveillance system that acts as additional eyes on the street, helping us monitor for suspicious activity and deploy the right resources, when needed. Ultimately, it’s about ensuring the safety of our most precious assets: the men, women and children of Atlanta.”
Michael Dogan, Interim CIO, City of Atlanta
“Ensuring a safe environment to live, work and play is a top priority for the City of Atlanta. We are very encouraged by Motorola Solutions’ design and implementation of an integrated surveillance system to provide the Atlanta Police Department with improved tools to fight crime efficiently and economically.”
Dave Wilkinson, President, Atlanta Police Foundation
“For some time, we have been excited about the potential of integrating Atlanta’s disparate public and private video systems into one system, to more efficiently fight crime and protect the citizens and businesses of our community. I’m happy today that we soon will see our efforts become reality with a state-of-the-art video surveillance system upgrade that is among the best in our country.”
Bruce Brda, senior vice president, Global Services, Motorola Solutions
“The City of Atlanta and Atlanta Police Department had a common goal of combining public and private surveillance systems throughout the city. They needed a solution that integrates the current systems and ensures the future application of live streaming video to provide first responders accurate and real-time information. We believe the project will be a long-term benefit to the safety of Atlanta’s citizens.”
Website: Government Services