September 24, 2012
Motorola Solutions Named to Dow Jones Sustainability Index for Ninth Year
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Sept. 24, 2012 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE:MSI) was named as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America and the World index for the ninth year in a row. The annual review of the DJSI family is based on a thorough analysis of issues such as corporate governance, risk management, branding, innovation, climate change mitigation, product stewardship, supply chain standards and labor practices.
KEY FACTS ON DJSI
- The DJSI World Index tracks the financial performance of the top 10 percent of the 2,500 largest companies in the Dow Jones Global Index in terms of social, economic and environmental performance.
- The DJSI North America Index includes the top 20 percent of the 600 largest North American companies in the Dow Jones Global Index.
KEY FACTS ON MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
- In July 2011, Motorola Solutions helped initiate the Solutions for Hope project, a closed-pipe system of mining conflict-free tantalum from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Motorola Solutions recently released a video highlighting the Solutions for Hope project.
- About 20 percent of the electricity Motorola Solutions purchased globally in 2011 was from renewable sources. The company’s goal is to increase its global use of electricity from renewable sources to 30 percent by 2020.
- In 2011, employees conducted more than 240,000 hours of meetings online, helping to reduce the need to travel, saving both costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
- The company’s global recycling rate was 73 percent in 2011.
- In 2011, the Motorola Solutions Foundation donated more than $23 million in cash and products, focusing on education, public safety and disaster relief.
- CR Magazine ranked Motorola Solutions No. 77 on its “2012 100 Best Corporate CitizensTM” list.
- Motorola Solutions is a member of the FTSE4Good Index, which measures the performance of companies that meet or exceed globally recognized standards.
Jodi Shapiro, vice president, Environmental Health and Safety, Motorola Solutions
“Being named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index confirms the excellent work of our employees across the globe. Motorola Solutions is proud of its strong corporate responsibility programs and performance. We are actively pursuing ways to reduce our environmental impact, as well as those of our supply chain, partners and customers.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Corporate Responsibility
Video: Solutions for Hope
Video: Why is corporate responsibility important to Motorola Solutions?
Blog: Corporate Responsibility at Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts