January 13, 2011
Motorola Solutions Leads the Way with TEDS Multivendor Testing Starting in January 2011
GLOSTRUP, Denmark – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), formerly Motorola, Inc., the world leader in the development and deployment of TETRA communication solutions, today announced that it is hosting its first TETRA Enhanced Data Services (TEDS) interoperability (IOP) testing with its TEDS-ready Dimetra IP 7.1 infrastructure. The IOP test sessions will be held in accordance with the TETRA Association IOP rules and monitored by ISCOM – Istituto Superiore delle Comunicazioni e delle Tecnologie dell´Informazione, the independent body appointed by TETRA Association to oversee the process and issue of the certificates.
· Motorola Solutions’ Dimetra IP 7.1 TEDS-ready software platform provides mission critical users with higher-speed access to data, improved network security and flexible network capacity and coverage.
· TEDS enables wide scale deployment of mission critical data applications and a richer user experience by combining image, text and voice services to field operatives.
· IOP testing of Motorola Solutions’ Dimetra IP infrastructure ensures that users can be confident that products awarded an IOP certificate have been rigorously tested and the functions listed in the certificate fully meet the TETRA standard.
· Motorola Solutions has invited TETRA vendors and manufacturers to test their terminals with Motorola Solutions’ Dimetra 7.1 infrastructure.
· Testing is due to take place at Motorola Solutions’ R&D laboratory in Copenhagen between January and March 2011. The certification and results will be available approximately 10 weeks after the end of the testing period.
· Motorola Solutions offers a complete TEDS solution, with all its base stations including the new and innovative MTS1 and MTS4E, plus the MTM5400 TETRA mobile radio.
Jens Kristiansen, vice president and global director TETRA Solutions, Motorola Solutions
"We’re excited to be leading the way with TEDS and making TEDS-enabled solutions a reality for our customers who rely on fast access to visual data, many of whom are currently trialling it in Europe and Asia. TEDS provides secure, higher speed data results for existing data applications and allows a richer user experience by combining image, text and voice to field operatives. Our Dimetra IP 7.1 infrastructure reaffirms Motorola’s support for the industry trend of evolving mission critical networks and we look forward to offering other vendors the opportunity to test their terminals with our solution.“