October 27, 2014
Motorola Solutions Demonstrates Advances in Real-Time Intelligence, Mission-Critical Communications
Orlando, Fla. (IACP, Motorola Solutions, Booth #2201) – Oct. 26, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is showcasing its latest public safety technology at the 121st Annual International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference Oct. 26-28 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. Highlighted solutions will focus on law enforcement’s critical needs and equipping first responders with the latest advancements in next-generation incident command and new mission-critical ASTRO®25 radio communications.
KEY FACTS ABOUT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS AT IACP
- Motorola Solutions announced this week the new LEX L10 Mission-Critical Handheld that includes a new hardware and software platform providing greater durability, enhanced security features and high-performance audio. The LEX L10 device will come equipped with Motorola Solutions new Public Safety Experience, which provides first responders with the right information at their finger tips and includes a customizable user interface that delivers prioritized, contextual intelligence to public safety devices. In addition, the company will demonstrate some of its new Managed Service capabilities throughout the show.
- Motorola Solutions is pleased to co-present the IACP/Motorola Solutions Webber Seavey Award for Quality in Law Enforcement. For 23 years, this award has recognized programs around the world for expertise in situational awareness, problem-solving and leadership. This award will be presented to recipients during the Webber Seavey Awards Breakfast on Mon., Oct. 27, 2014.
- The new APX™ 1500 is a two-way, mobile radio that provides core APX features customers want, such as intelligent lighting, rugged form factor, radio profiles and unified call list, in an affordable device. The compact APX 1500 is easy to use and install, allowing first responders to interoperate more effectively while helping reduce response times.
- The WAVE™ Work Group Communications solution extends land mobile radio push-to-talk to broadband data networks and to smartphones, tablets, PCs, and purpose-built devices like the LEX L10 Mission Critical LTE Handheld. The new WAVE PSX Mobile Communicator will be featured on the LEX L10.
- The Connected Police Officer experience will demonstrate how Motorola Solutions and partner technologies work together to help keep personnel safe and effective in the field. To enhance situational awareness at the command center, the Recon Smart Glasses integrate with the APX 6000 Project 25 radio, the new LEX L10 handheld and a prototype Smart Belt that senses when an officer’s weapon or handcuffs have been drawn. Using the heads-up display on the Recon Smart Glasses, officers can keep their eyes on the incident and have access to critical notifications from the APX radio, including incident information, channel and volume, battery and signal strength levels, and emergency status.
- Working through a Traffic Stop use case, Motorola Solutions will show how technologies in the command center and in the field provide the entire force with a complete operational view, supported by solutions such as the Real-Time Information Console, the PremierOne Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) suite, Advanced Messaging Service, APX radios, LEX L10, and partner products from Shotspotter, Digital Stakeout, Agent Vi and Briefcam.
Join Motorola Solutions for the following IACP presentation:
Sunday, Oct. 26, 10 a.m.: Motorola Solutions’ Tom Miller and Paul Steinberg as well as retired Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis will participate in an IACP session titled “Smart Policing: Turn Data into Actionable Intelligence in Critical Moments.” This session will provide an overview of the events that took place during and after the April 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and how new technologies from Motorola Solutions are turning data into intelligence and enabling officers to take action proactively.
Website: Motorola Solutions
Website: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
Website: IACP 2014 Conference
Press Release: LEX L10 Mission-Critical Handheld
Press Release: Public Safety Experience
Twitter: Motorola Solutions Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Solutions Public Safety
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts