Further milestone for introduction of TETRA digital radio technology at German security authorities and organisations (Behörden und Organisationen mit Sicherheitsaufgaben, BOS)
IDSTEIN, Germany – Dec. 5, 2013 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, has delivered the 1,111th vehicle with TETRA digital radio technology to the police of the German federal state of Brandenburg. The equipment of the police cars by Motorola’s Authorized BOS partner H.E.R.T.Z. Elektronik is therefore nearly completed. Starting 2014, Motorola and H.E.R.T.Z. will then provide the municipal public safety vehicles throughout Brandenburg with digital radio technology.
To mark this important milestone, Peter Damerau, sales director for BOS at Motorola Solutions, presented the key for a newly TETRA-equipped police car to Jörg Vogler, head of the digital radio project organization for BOS in the federal state of Brandenburg. The event took place at the headquarter of H.E.R.T.Z. Elektronik in Rüdersdorf near Berlin. Together with the regional partner, Motorola equips police, fire departments as well as rescue and emergency services in Brandenburg with 6,000 MTM800 FuG ET TETRA vehicle mobile radios, as well as 15,000 MTP850 FuG and MTP850 Ex TETRA handheld digital radios. In addition to the installation of TETRA digital radios and accessories, the order covers project management and trainings as well as logistics, support and IT services.
- The delivery of the 1,111th emergency vehicle is another important step in the region-wide introduction of future-proof digital radio solutions in the federal state of Brandenburg. According to the general agreement, Motorola delivers 21,000 digital two-way radios plus accessories and supporting services to the police, public and private fire departments and other emergency services.
- Motorola also is responsible for installing the devices into the vehicles of police, fire departments and emergency services. The equipment of the vehicles is conducted in close collaboration with the project management of the federal state of Brandenburg via H.E.R.T.Z. Elektronik, based in Rüdersdorf (near Berlin). Standardised processes ensure highest quality of the installed equipment and enable high throughput at the same time.
- The TETRA digital radio solutions from Motorola were specially developed in accordance with the requirements of German security authorities and organisations and are characterised by robust design and intuitive operation. The FuG series supports end-to-end encryption in accordance with the requirements of the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for tap-proof communication. The radio makes use of an easy-to-use cell phone like interface which speeds adaption, as users are more familiar with how to operate the radio.
- Delivery also includes the integrated Terminal Management (iTM) solution from Motorola. This system makes it possible to manage the software and configurations of all the radio terminals efficiently from a central location using a remote function. Consequently, software updates are performed more rapidly and reliably, and iTM offers increased security for terminal users as well as more efficient management of the terminals themselves.
- The Motorola TETRA portfolio comprises infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently used in more than 100 countries around the world. The company continues to maintain its leading position in the area of TETRA digital radio solutions and has delivered more than two million TETRA digital radios world-wide. Motorola's robust, intuitively operated products are subjected to rigorous testing at every stage from the development phase onwards in order to guarantee high quality and reliable operation even under extreme conditions.
Peter Damerau, sales director for BOS, Motorola Solutions Germany GmbH
“We are delighted to deliver the 1,111th emergency vehicle with our TETRA digital radio technology to the police in the federal state of Brandenburg. We continue the successful implementation of our radio solutions and enable reliable communication for public safety personnel in mission-critical operations at any time. In addition to continuing the rollout for police we will focus on the equipment for non-police BOS from 2014 onwards.”
Detlef Finder, managing director, H.E.R.T.Z. Elektronik GmbH
“We appreciate this important first milestone in the introduction of TETRA digital radio technology in Brandenburg. We are a longstanding partner of Motorola and know the advantages of Motorola’s TETRA digital radio technology. The federal state of Brandenburg receives especially reliable solutions for mission-critical communication which enable public safety personnel to focus on their tasks at the best.”
Jörg Vogler, head of the digital radio project organization for BOS in the federal state of Brandenburg
“The TETRA digital radio terminals from Motorola provide public safety personnel in the federal state of Brandenburg with a powerful technology which is easy to deploy and – at the same time – meets highest safety requirements. The collaboration with Motorola and H.E.R.T.Z. Elektronik was professional and smooth. The equipment of the 1,111th police car in only six month is a convincing and important step in the introduction of the TETRA digital radio technology for all BOS in Brandenburg.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom .
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.