May 31, 2011
Motorola Solutions and MasterCom Launch Australia’s First MOTOTRBO™ Digital Mobile Radio Network
Sydney, Australia, May 31, 2011 – Motorola Solutions today launched its MOTOTRBO™ Connect Plus two-way digital mobile radio (DMR) system, with a demonstration of its first commercial deployment in Australia at CeBIT 2011.
Deployed by Motorola Solutions partner MasterCom, the new multi-site DMR network is the first of its kind nationally, and builds on Motorola Solutions’ longstanding heritage in mission-critical grade technology, combining the clarity, extended range and security of digital two-way radio with data applications such as text messaging, location tracking and dispatch capability.
The solution provides a cost-effective way for enterprises to extend coverage across multiple sites and enables increased productivity and safety for mobile work teams, such as those in the transport and logistics, local government, waste management and security industries.
The new Connect Plus network is currently being deployed across the greater Sydney area. Businesses will be able to subscribe to the network through MasterCom, eliminating the need for them to build and operate their own digital radio communication infrastructure.
The MasterCom system will deliver six sites across the greater Sydney area by July 2011, and an additional 14 sites across Newcastle, Wollongong and Canberra by the end of 2011.
- Connect Plus extends coverage across one to six sites with a capacity of up to 29 talk paths and 2,900 users per site. The system forms part of the Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO™ digital mobile radio platform.
- The scalable voice and data system utilises industry-standard Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) technology, to deliver clear audio, integrated data applications and increased capacity with less infrastructure.
- The high-capacity voice and integrated data communication system includes text messaging and GPS for location tracking. Key capabilities include priority status, call queuing, dynamic site roaming, dynamic site assignment and network management.
- Connect Plus will be sold and maintained through Motorola Solutions’ national network of radio partners. Mastercom is the first to build and deploy a network in Australia.
- The system will be demonstrated at CeBIT 2011, Sydney from May 31 - June 2, 2011.
Neale Joseph, General Manager, Radio Solutions, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific, Motorola Solutions
“Australia is a leader in the growth and uptake of digital radio platforms, with digital now accounting for almost half of commercial radio sales overall. Connect Plus provides a cost-effective way for businesses to expand workforce communications, coverage range and software applications, without compromising voice quality or data security. The robust platform is delivering tangible returns on investment globally, aiding the transition to faster, more efficient digital networks that allow customers to do more, enhance productivity and safety on the job.
Connect Plus adds another compelling solution to our existing digital mobile radio mix, with city-wide and national networks made possible by its seamless roaming architecture.”
Hamish Duff, Managing Director, MasterCom
“Connect Plus provides us with an extremely adaptable platform to tailor-make radio solutions for our customers. Digital is now a prerequisite for many of our customers, and this scalable platform gives them the means to deploy what they need today with room to grow tomorrow. The network provides a great opportunity for existing analogue customers to take advantage of newer digital features and applications. We believe the network will also appeal to cellular mobile network users who require a resilient, time-critical means of communication over large geographic areas.”