May 15, 2012
Warfighter Safety, Productivity Enhanced with Motorola Solutions’ Newly Designed Combat Radio
WASHINGTON – MAY 15, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of innovative mission-critical communications for the federal government, today introduced the SRX 2200 Combat Radio, a ruggedized, reliable two-way radio specifically designed to enhance warfighter safety and productivity by delivering greater coverage and improved audio clarity for intra-squad communications.
The next generation of an AN/PRC-153 Integrated Intra-Squad Radio (IISR) by Motorola that already is deployed by the U.S. Marines Corps, the SRX 2200 combines the easy-to-use ergonomics of Motorola’s advanced APX™ Series portables with the scalability of a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) platform. The result is a reliable and affordable solution for public safety, base training, and tactical or special operations. The SRX 2200 is backward and forward compatible with all Motorola mission-critical radio systems, including the Project 25 (P25) standard for interoperability.
- With an 80 dB receiver, the SRX 2200 has greater coverage and improved audio quality compared to other radios in its class.
- Battle tested and military trusted, the Motorola SRX 2200 Combat Radio is built on secure, reliable low-cost COTS solutions that are proven tough in the harshest environments.
- Full tactical and data capabilities support the mission wherever warfighters operate – in new geography, challenging topography or areas without networks – delivering secure encrypted voice communications between a leader and the squad.
- The SRX 2200 is compliant with Department of Defense standards for waveform and encryption and meets Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 security, allowing for deployment in the most sensitive operations.
- Combining Motorola’s experience with IISR and P25 standard-compliant portables, the SRX 2200 can be deployed without additional spectrum or infrastructure.
- With P25 compatibility, warfighters can rely on the same SRX 2200 radio when they return to base, saving the additional training, maintenance or logistical costs that are incurred when supporting multiple radios.
- The SRX 2200 delivers a full suite of communications-ready features and applications, such as secure encrypted voice and text messaging and over the air programming (OTAP), individual location information (ILI), and bio-monitoring of individual warfighter status.
- The SRX 2200 exceeds the IP67 submersion specification and can be submerged in two meters of water for two hours. It also meets the rigorous MIL 810 specifications. The multi-unit charger enables charging the radio at higher temperatures, including desert conditions.
Paul Mueller, vice president, U.S. Federal Government Markets Division, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
“The SRX 2200 Combat Radio is an easy-to-use, rugged device that was designed specifically for military operations. The SRX 2200 has a full set of tactical voice and data capabilities, including encrypted voice and texting, which makes it an ideal grab-and-go radio for squads in distributed operations as well as for on-base personnel. ”
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Subscribers and Infrastructure, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
“For more than 80 years, Motorola Solutions has provided the U.S. government with field-tested communications equipment that helps troops stay safe and successful, wherever the mission takes them. The SRX 2200 is based on Motorola’s APX line of advanced portable radios and provides powerful performance in a COTS solution that is an affordable alternative to purpose-built radios.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts