August 9, 2012
Stockholm’s Fire Brigades Advance To Digital Era of Critical Communications with TETRA Radios from Motorola Solutions
STOCKHOLM, Sweden – 9 August, 2012 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, today announced together with its digital radio partner Celab, that Celab has won a frame contract for the next four years to supply an extensive portfolio of Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) digital radio terminals, accessories and services for four fire brigades in the area of Greater Stockholm covering 27 municipalities. This contract represents the single largest agreement for digital radio terminals with rescue services in Sweden.
The solutions will enable the fire services to move easily from analog to digital communication by providing intuitive rugged devices with better performance in voice and data transmission, increased efficiency through remote terminal management and reliability through secure encrypted communications. Additionally, fire brigades will be able to communicate with a touch of a button across mission-critical agencies on the nationwide RAKEL emergency network. This will help fire brigades secure the safety of 2 million citizens in Greater Stockholm area. The first radios will be rolled out in Q2 2012.
· Motorola will, through Celab, supply over 850 digital TETRA radio terminals such as the compact, lightweight MTP850 S TETRA portable radio offering the highest digital voice quality and an intuitive mobile phone style interface. A ‘Man Down’ feature that sends an alert to the dispatcher if the radio does not move in a given period of time or tilts past a defined angle will increase user safety.
· Motorola will also supply the award winning MTP850Ex ATEX radio designed for hazardous environments containing potentially explosive gas and dust. For example, these will be used by smoke divers who are deployed to deal with fires in remote areas.
· Additionally Motorola will deliver its state of the art MTM5400 TETRA mobile radio which provides extended network coverage, greater audio performance and advanced data connectivity.
· Both the TETRA portable and mobile radios from Motorola offer class leading transmission capabilities This permits users to communicate over long distances with the highest level of voice quality and optimises the range in buildings and heavily built-up areas.
· Delivery also includes the integrated Terminal Management (iTM) solution from Motorola. This system makes it possible to manage the software and configurations of all the radio terminals efficiently from a central location using a remote function.
· The contract contains extensive services and consultancy by Motorola and its radio solutions partner Celab, which will enable the fire brigades in Greater Stockholm to migrate easily to TETRA digital two-way radios. This involves training, technical support, programming of terminals as well as set-up and management of a web-based ordering system for the organisations.
· The Motorola TETRA portfolio comprises infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently used in more than 100 countries around the world. The company continues to maintain a leading position in the area of TETRA digital radio solutions where it recently announced the milestone of 1,700,000 TETRA terminals shipped worldwide.
· Motorola's robust, intuitively operated products are subjected to rigorous testing at every stage from the development phase onwards to guarantee high quality and reliable operation even under extreme conditions.
· Celab is Motorola´s Radio Partner in Sweden to deliver Motorola digital radio solutions to RAKEL as well as other Government and Enterprise users in Sweden.
Tom Quirke, vice president and general manager, Global TETRA Organization, Motorola Solutions
"We are delighted that the fire brigades in Greater Stockholm area have chosen such an extensive range of mission critical solutions from Motorola which confirms our leadership in mission critical communications. We are committed to the Swedish market and will support the users of the RAKEL network with all our expertise and state-of-the art TETRA solutions.”
Lars-Gunnar Gydemo, Head of RAKEL-Sales, Celab
“We are extremely proud to have won this important tender for the supply of TETRA terminals to the Rescue Service Organization in Greater Stockholm (SSBF). This is a perfect match for us and we are looking forward to serve our client to the absolute best of our ability for the years to come.”
Kent Lundqvist, Greater Stockholm Fire Services
“Fire services in Sweden are aiming towards a modernization of their communications technology. Following a competitive tender that included extensive trials, we selected Motorola’s digital TETRA terminal solutions and services. Motorola’s intuitive devices offer our personnel superior sound and voice quality combined with Celab´s expertise locally will ensure that we get the service and assistance we need to migrate easily from analog to digital.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts