April 9, 2014
Redefined two-way radio communications for passenger transportation in Vietnam
HANOI, Vietnam -- Apr 10, 2014 – Public and private passenger transportation companies are set to benefit from industry-leading digital integrated voice and data communication solutions through improved efficiencies and competitiveness. Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is enabling this in Vietnam with the launch of its MOTOTRBO™ product series.
Designed with a robust mix of features to increase workforce efficiency, productivity and safety, MOTOTRBO™ digital two-way radio solutions can benefit transportation and logistics, and high growth sectors in Vietnam such as building and construction, hospitality, government and public safety, and more. State-of-the-art MOTOTRBOTM XiR E8600 series of portable radios, as well as, MOTOTRBOTM XiR M3188TM, XiR M3688TM and XiR M6660TM mobile radiosare designed for mounting in vehicles. Moreover, the MOTOTRBOTM radio users can upgrade their devices to digital trunking cost effectively, through the Linked Capacity Plus software.
- MOTOTRBO™ digital two-way communication system is an industry-leading DMR compliant portfolio of standards-based solutions from Motorola Solutions. MOTOTRBO™ uses digital technology to create versatile and customizable business essential solutions, while delivering capabilities such as trunking, secure communication, voice privacy, multiple talk groups, transmit interrupt and a wide range of software-based options.
- MOTOTRBOTM is designed to keep pace with the organization’s growing business and operations; the backward compatibility to analog radios facilitates graceful and paced migration for enterprises to move to next generation digital communication, while protecting the earlier investments.
- MOTOTRBO™ solutions are backed by the industry’s largest Application Developer Program (ADP) for professional digital radio systems, with a network of more than 400 licensed developers and 85 application solutions worldwide. Applications include text messaging, GPS location tracking, telephony, work order ticket management and dispatch, telemetry based solutions and several more innovations.
- MOTOTRBO™ is based on TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) digital technology which is inherently spectrum-efficient, and doubles the radio communication capacity within an existing spectrum license. It also helps increase talk time from a battery by up to 40 per cent over analog, all of which translates to significant savings for the users.
- The MOTOTRBO™ digital series of XiR P8600, XiR M3188, XiR M3688 and XiR M6660 comes with enhanced audio quality and deliver exponentially increased communication capabilities. Some models offer new and industry-leading features such as intelligent audio technology, embedded Bluetooth audio and integrated Bluetooth data, full color display, voice announcement, integrated GPS, as well as canned and free-form text messaging.
 Digital Mobile Radio or DMR is an ETSI (European Telecommunication Standards Institute) global Air Interface standard
Trung Nguyen, country manager, Motorola Solutions Viet Nam Pte. Ltd.
“MOTOTRBO™, with the convergence of push-to-talk voice and data, enables taxi drivers in Vietnam to communicate and work together on a whole new level, while benefitting from the 50 percent cost savings in frequency license fees as compared to analogue radios. Taxi enterprises can rest assured that in MOTOTRBO™, they have the best in digital radio solutions from an industry leader that has over 80 years of radio communications expertise and invests USD1 billion Dollars in R&D annually.
White Papers: We Help Your Business Work Smarter,
Videos: Digital Remastered
Case Studies: Government/Public Service (in Taiwan), Ports, Hospitality,
International Events, Transportation, Forestry
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our .
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts