October 24, 2012
Ningbo Port Achieves Seamless 7x24 Operations with TETRA from Motorola Solutions
Beijing, Oct. 23, 2012 - Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) announced recently to implement TETRA Digital Trunking Communications System for Ningbo Port, helping them with the upgrade to the existing communications system, providing related base stations and terminals, which could meet the specific requirements from Ningbo Port in corrosion resistance and ruggedness. Besides, Motorola Solutions actively help prepare the port with a state of the art digital system and accelerate digital transformation, as a result, to keep pace with the growing traffic and their maritime needs. This is a second cooperation between Motorola Solutions and Ningbo Port, which demonstrates the value and service standards that Motorola Solutions deliver to Ningbo Port, and the trust brought by the customers. In addition, it also proves Motorola Solutions’ leadership in scalable and backward compatible solutions which ensure investment safety and illuminates Motorola Solutions' marketing strategy of focusing on servicing industry users.
- Motorola Solutions will implement the 800MHz TETRA Digital Trunking for Ningbo Port, which is currently the largest one in Chinese ports. Once completed, it will be consisted of 1 MSO exchange center, 6 base stations and over 2,000 TETRA terminal stations.
- As a critical component of the wireless dispatching system for a port, the digital trunking acts as the communications platform for coordination inside and between each dock. So it must be able to meet the special requirements to ensure the production safety, as well as support the high-density user machines and high-volume telephone traffic, especially in the critical emergency or disasters.
- As one of the four international deepwater transfer ports developed by government with great efforts and emphasis, Ningbo Port is a strategic national asset critical to China’s maritime trade and commerce and it operates nearly for 24*7. If it stops functioning, the cost cannot be quantified. Thus, a 24*7 uninterrupted communications inside the port is a must.
- In addition, the operation environment is tough, with lots of noises, big wind and sand, sea water and much salty spray, which present high requirements for the specificity, durability and corrosion resistance to the communications terminals. Every Motorola Solutions TETRA radio is designed to pass an accelerated life test simulating over 5 years of use. With its high water and dust ingress protection as well as the rugged and reliable outer design, the terminal devices from Motorola Solutions will guarantee a smooth communications, even in a harsh environment.
- Best of all, with the implementation of the system, Motorola Solutions also helps Ningbo port upgrade to TETRA Digital Trunking seamlessly, without interrupting the communications, as a result, to realize a 100% smooth transition. The project is expected to complete in November.
Huang Shenguang, Deputy General Manager, Ningbo Port Information Communications Co.,Ltd.
"We are very delighted to be able to choose Motorola Solutions as our partner to upgrade the overall communications system for Ningbo Port. While the project accelerates Ningbo's informatization process, improve the efficiency of port's dispatching, as well as expose Ningbo's good image. As one of the most important modern logistics center in China, Ningbo port will continue to carry on its informatization process, and build leading communication systems leveraging Motorola Solutions' superior technologies and services, providing a good reference to the port's operations management system.”
Chew Hock Siong, General Manager for Government and Public Safety Business in China Region, Motorola Solutions
"Through 25 years' rooting in Chinese market, Motorola Solutions always focus on and explore the trunking communications needs of domestic ports. We are proud of taking this opportunity to have the second cooperation with Ningbo Port. While leveraging the efficient, reliable, real-time and convenient digital trunking communications solutions, Motorola Solutions will help Ningbo Port build a high-efficient and stable dispatching system. Meanwhile, Motorola Solutions will continue to provide international class and customized professional wireless communications solutions and services to domestic ports."
In the beginning of 2011, the original Motorola was split into two companies of Motorola Solutions and Motorola Mobility, and since then, Motorola Solutions operate as a independent corporation and focus on providing mission-critical communications solutions and mobility solutions for government and enterprise users worldwide, leveraging its deep understanding in government and vertical market as well as long term technical experiences. Motorola Solutions refreshes its highest levels in worldwide market performance many times.
Motorola Solutions Celebrates its 25th Year in China in 2012
As one of the first multinational companies to establish its presence in China, Motorola Solutions has witnessed and actively participated in the country’s development over the years. We have a thorough understanding of the Chinese market and strong insights into the needs of our customers across key verticals including public safety, transportation, retail, healthcare, among others. We continue to deliver industry-leading technology solutions and services, directly and through our extensive channel network, to enable mission-critical communications in moments that matter. Motorola Solutions remains committed to the Chinese market and will continue to use our innovations to stimulate the informatization of both government and enterprises.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers. Through cutting-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.”
To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com.