July 8, 2012
MOTOTRBO™ Redefines Mining Communications with Right Device for Right User
Melbourne, Australia. – July 9, 2012 - Mines can connect on a whole new level with MOTOTRBO™, the digital communications platform from Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI). Today, Motorola Solutions is unveiling the MOTOTRBO™ 4000 series portable and mobile radios. With the mining sector’s focus on human safety and operational productivity, these digital radios – which enhance audio functionality and one-touch button accessibility – are particularly designed to meet the communication needs of the mining and exploration sectors. The series features an integrated GPS system which easily tracks workers for increased safety and workforce management. The MOTOTRBO™ 4000 series also has benefits to customers in public service, manufacturing, education, hospitality and services industries.
As part of the industry-leading MOTOTRBO™ portfolio of radios, accessories, applications and systems, these new radios add to a growing family of devices giving customers a choice of different form factors and feature sets, as seen in the ultra-thin and lightweight SL Series.
MOTOTRBO™ delivers exceptional voice quality, extended battery life, increased capacity and one of the industry’s largest application developer programs. In addition, the MOTOTRBO™ platform meets the FCC narrowbanding and digital mandates around the world.
DP 4000/ DM 4000 SERIES KEY FACTS
- The DP 4000 and DM 4000 Series professional-tier radios are built to last in the toughest environments, available in both full keypad with colour display and non-display models. Building on our highly successful MOTOTRBO™ 3000 Series, the 4000 Series offers additional enhancements such as a five-line color display that enables easy reading of menus and text messages. An innovative day/night-mode feature changes the screen and illuminates icons for enhanced clarity in the darkest and brightest environments.
- The radio features Intelligent Audio, an exclusive feature that automatically adjusts the radio’s volume, so, for example, people in high noise environments such as mine sites, can communicate easily and efficiently using TDMA technology
- Enhanced features such as voice announcement allow for audible confirmation of channel and zone changes, and one-touch access buttons provide quick access to features – critical for emergency situations
- Integrated GPS and lone worker/man-down features help organisations to easily locate miners for workforce management and increased worksite safety
- Integrated Bluetooth® audio allows users to connect Bluetooth audio accessories without an external adapter. Motorola Solutions offers exclusive Operations Critical Wireless earpieces specifically designed for two-way radio users, allowing employees more mobility and discreet communication. The radio also supports Bluetooth® data connectivity to wirelessly transfer data between the radio and other devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers and mobile printers.
- Along with Bluetooth® accessories, the MOTOTRBO™ 4000 Series also offers a robust portfolio of exclusive IMPRES™ smart audio accessories, batteries, chargers, remote speaker microphones and carry accessories
- The MOTOTRBO™ 4000 Series supports one of the industry’s largest portfolios of data applications including work order ticket management, email, emergency man-down alarms, dispatch and telephony to further enhance user safety, efficiency and work flow for enterprise-critical users.
In addition, Motorola Solutions is announcing Linked Capacity Plus, an entry-level system offering a cost-effective voice and data communications solution ideal for the mining industry. Leveraging advanced repeater software, it is available in single-site and wide-area configurations.
Linked Capacity Plus makes it possible to communicate across a wide area by linking sites across an Internet Protocol (IP) network, delivering far greater capacity than analog conventional systems.
The system supports up to 12 voice channels per site. Additionally, it allows up to six dedicated data channels per site, integrating voice with data applications such as GPS-enabled location services, text messaging and telemetry on the same system. Linked Capacity Plus is capable of supporting systems with up to five sites. Existing MOTOTRBO™ systems can be easily upgraded to a Linked Capacity Plus configuration so businesses can meet their growing communications needs while leveraging their existing equipment.
Neale Joseph, General Manager Strategic Accounts, Motorola Solutions Australia and New Zealand
“Two-way radio communication at mine sites is critical, not only for the safety of workers but for the overall productivity of the site. The MOTOTRBO™ 4000 mobile and portable Series makes communication simpler and helps raise the standard of occupational health and safety. It’s the simplicity of operation – such as being able to hear your radio in a noisy environment or using a single and easily locatable button for communication – that can save a life in the moments that matter.”
White Papers: We Help Your Business Work Smarter
Videos: Digital Remastered, Connecting Staff Seamlessly at South Florida’s Premier Resort
Twitter: @MotoSolutions, @MotWireless
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our .
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts