IDSTEIN, Germany – 3 May, 2011 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), the world’s leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, has won the recent invitation to tender to supply digital radio systems to authorities in Lower Saxony. The company was awarded the contract by the Lower Saxony logistics centre. The framework contract will run for four years, during which time Motorola will supply approximately 9,700 TETRA digital two-way radios, including all accessories and support services, to police, rural, town and district authorities in the state of Lower Saxony. The order includes equipping users with MTP830 FuG and MTP850 FuG TETRA handheld terminals as well as MTM800 FuG TETRA vehicle radios. The radio solutions from Motorola were specially developed in accordance with the requirements of German authorities and organisations with roles in security and the emergency services (BOS). They help to ensure secure, reliable voice and data communication for the police and local authorities of Lower Saxony.
- TETRA digital two-way radio solutions from Motorola are characterised by robust design and intuitive operation. The FuG series supports end-to-end encryption in accordance with the requirements of the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for tap-proof communication.
- Both the TETRA handheld terminals from Motorola offer a transmission power of up to 1.8 W. This permits users to communicate over long distances with the highest level of voice quality and optimises the range in buildings and heavily built-up areas.
- TETRA digital radios from Motorola are fitted with a BOS port, which is compatible with a wide range of accessories. The terminals can therefore be adapted flexibly to the individual requirements of police and local authorities. It is also possible to set up new call groups extremely quickly.
- The contract also includes the delivery of the integrated Terminal Management (iTM) solution from Motorola. This system makes it possible to manage the software and configurations of all the radio terminals efficiently from a central location using a remote function. Consequently, software updates are performed more rapidly and reliably, and iTM offers increased security for terminal users as well as more efficient and cost effective management of the terminals themselves.
- The Motorola TETRA portfolio comprises infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently used in more than 100 countries around the world. The company continues to maintain its leading position in the area of TETRA digital radio solutions. Motorola's robust, intuitively operated products are subjected to rigorous testing at every stage from the development phase onwards to guarantee high quality and reliable operation even under extreme conditions.
Dr. Christian Grahl, Chief of Police, Central Police Department, Lower Saxony
"In the second invitation to tender, we selected Motorola because their TETRA digital radios have been proven in extensive real-world tests and meet all our criteria for a high performance technology for our police and local authorities. We were particularly impressed with the intuitive operation of the terminals and their compliance with the highest security standards."
Peter Damerau, Project Director BOS, Motorola GmbH
"We are delighted to be able to provide secure and reliable communication for police and local authorities in Lower Saxony through our TETRA digital radio solutions. Lower Saxony follows other German federal states such as Berlin, Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, Schleswig-Holstein, Thuringia and the Federal Ministry of the Interior, which have already selected TETRA digital radio solutions from Motorola."
Website: Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts