August 4, 2011
Motorola Solutions Wins Consecutive Orders for its TETRA Digital Trunking Communication System from Seven Leading Chinese Airports
Beijing, Aug. 3, 2011- Leveraging its advanced TETRA Digital Trunking Wireless Communication System, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has successfully delivered its 800MHz TETRA communication system for airports throughout China across 7 provinces. The airports comprise Shenyang Taoxian International Airport, Kunming Wujiaba International Airport, Nanchang Changbei International Airport, Zhuhai Sanzhao Airport, Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport, and Guiyang Longdongpu International Airport.
When completed, the system deployment will successfully upgrade existing analog trunking communication systems for the seven airports to the TETRA Digital Trunking Communication System. The new systems will enable deliver seamless data transmission applications, support more effectively ever-increasing call data volumes, provide secure and reliable communication scheduling, and improve the operational efficiency of wireless communication for the airports.
- In June 2011, Motorola Solutions started to deploy its 800MHz TETRA Digital Trunking Wireless Communication Systems in the seven airports. These included five sets of central switching equipment, twelve wireless base stations, and various applications specially developed to meet each airport’s practical needs. All seven systems will be deployed and put into operation by the end of 2011. Once completed, the systems will provide seamless communication services and comprehensive inter-operable applications between all airport departments, such as security checks, operations, maintenance, passenger services, luggage handling, and other ground handling services. They will also support communication between work staff and security staff and ensure fast response in times of emergency.
- So far, Motorola Solutions has helped ten major airports in China successfully transition from analogue trunking communication systems to 800MHz TETRA Digital Trunking Communication Systems. For these seven airports, the total annual passenger throughputs of these airports are 53.846 million.
- Shenyang Taoxian International Airport, a Level-1 trunk line airport and one of the eight major regional aviation hubs in China.
- Kunming Wujiaba International Airport is one of the most important international entry airports and one of the busiest international airports in China, ranking it 90th in the world in terms of total passenger and cargo throughput.
- Nanchang Changbei International Airport is the largest aviation hub center in Jiangxi Province, with the biggest freight capacity and the highest standards.
- Zhuhai Sanzhao Airport neighbours Hong Kong and Macau and provides fast transit and services for an average of 200 million travelers from several major Chinese cities.
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport - known as Asia’s portal airport as a major tourist city in China - offers regular international flights.
- Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport is one of the 5 major planned hub airports in China.
- Guiyang Longdongpu International Airport is an important aviation hub in Southwest China and a 4E airport that offers advanced navigation systems and facilities.
- TETRA Digital Trunking Wireless Communication System can provide digital command scheduling services to airlines, cargo carriers, airport ground logistics, and fuel and security departments, thus ensuring punctual flight rates and high airport efficiency. In terms of frequency use rate and capacity, it offers unrivalled advantages over analogue communication systems.
- Motorola Solutions’ TETRA system has been successfully used in nearly 100 of the busiest airports in the world and has helped ensure dynamic reporting and sharing of flight information, secure and reliable information transmission, fast contact between departments and timely responses at critical moments. As a leading communication solutions provider with a history of over 80 years, Motorola Solutions is firmly committed to the Chinese market and has made considerable investments into localized system product R&D, technical support, engineering services and application development. It has built a strong local service team and provides users with first-class equipment and first-class user services.
Xie Wengang, the general manager of Skyblue Aviation Technology Co., LTD
As Motorola Solutions’ partner, we're honored to be working with Motorola Solutions and to have achieved these accomplishments together with them. Motorola Solutions enjoys a long history of rich experience, while offering the most innovative, leading technologies in the mission-critical TETRA system technology field. Its high attention to user demand will undoubtedly be capable of fully meeting the needs of the airport sector”
Zhang Yan, the general manager of Jiangsu Hua De Communication Technology Co., LTD
We are very pleased to cooperate with Motorola Solutions. Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport infrastructure demands advanced communication technologies such as large amount of data transmission, secure and reliable communication scheduling. Airport operations require 24-7 efficiency, and secure and reliable communication is key to passenger safety assurance. Our customers have expressed confidence that Motorola Solutions’TETRA system will deliver mature communication solutions and help to improve operational and service safety and effectiveness, while ensuring smooth collaborative operations between staff and optimize resource allocation and our customers’ investments. We believe that Motorola Solutions’ TETRA communication system technology can help us to provide the Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport’ local Chinese and overseas passengers with better services.”
Chew HockSiong, General Manager of Motorola Solutions’ Government and Public Security Business Unit, in China
“We are very honored to have the opportunity to provide TETRA wireless communication system services to seven major airports in China. As the air control industry demands for more effective, reliable, and safe communication services, we at Motorola Solutions continue to leverage our innovation, advanced technologies and applications, to continue to deepen our cooperation with Chinese airports to help them improve operational efficiency and security and ensure passenger safety. We have a proven history of innovation and cooperation when it comes to building digital trunking communication systems for the aviation sector. We continually long focus on product development, technological innovation and service upgrading to provide Chinese aviation users with the best wireless communication solutions with features that meet their needs and which deliver excellent user experience. We will continue to provide more innovative ground communication command and scheduling solutions to China’s airports and aviation industry for effective field mobility”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com.