Beijing, May 19, 2011— Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has announced that it had won the Special Honor Award for 2010 Rail Transit Enterprise Innovations for its unique advantages in advanced digital trunking communication systems, rich deployment experiences, comprehensive localized measures and outstanding technical assurance services. Conferred by the Rail Transit Innovation Evaluation Committee, the award was the highest of its kind in China’s rail transit industry. The winning of the special honor award was a high recognition of Motorola Solutions’ outstanding contributions to the advancement of the urban rail transit cause over the years.
• As the only comprehensive strength ranking table based on independent innovations in the rail transit industry, the To 50 Rail Transit Enterprises (“RT Top50” in short) evaluation activity was first launched by Rail Transit magazine, an authoritative magazine in the rail transit industry and subsequently received support from People’s Railway Daily and the China Enterprise Evaluation Association. Since its inception in 2008, RT Top50 has selected a number of innovative enterprises, innovative persons and innovative products which are all of signpost significance.
• As one of the first hi-tech companies to enter China after the country started reform and opening-up, Motorola Solutions has persistently implemented a strategy for R&D, production and talent localization to drive forward the development of specialized communication technologies in China. Motorola Solutions’ Chengdu Software Center and Hangzhou R&D Center have become important digital trunking TETRA technology R&D bases in the world. Motorola Solutions has closely cooperated with research institutions and enterprises in China to develop tailored rich applications for the rail transit industry, and greatly improved the level of independent innovations in specialized rail transit communications in China.
• Motorola Solutions was the first to introduce its digital trunking solution TETRA into the urban rail transit industry. Motorola Solutions successfully built China’s first 800MHz Digital Truking TETRA system for Guangzhou metro and provided TETRA Digital Trunking Communication system services to metros/rail transit in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Wuhan, Nanjing, Chengdu, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Guangzhou and Xi’an. TETRA systems have been adapted on all operational lines in Beijing Metro, including Number 1, 2, 4, 5, 10 and 13 lines, the Olympic Subway and the Airport Express Line.
• After adopting Motorola Solutions’ TETRA digital trunking communication technology, Shanghai has built the largest metro wireless communication network in Asia, covering all operational lines in the city, from No.1 to No.13 lines. Motorola Solutions’ TETRA system has made important contributions to the smooth staging of the Shanghai World Expo. Shanghai Shentong metro Group Co., Ltd. has conferred the title of “Model Rail Transit Guarantee Unit for the Shanghai World Expo” on Motorola Solutions in full recognition of the reliable operations of its TETRA system during the World Expo and the powerful support from its technical team.
• During the 16th Asian Games in Guangzhou, Motorola Solutions’ TETRA system was deployed in trunk rail transit lines in the city, including Guangzhou No.1 line and its newly-opened northern extension line, Guangzhou No.5 line, Guangzhou Pearl River New City Passenger Automatic Transport System and Guangzhou Metro Guangzhou-Foshan Line. Leveraging their outstanding performance and reliable quality, Motorola Solutions’ TETRA system made major contributions to transport assurance during the Asian Games.
• Motorola Solutions’ TETRA system adopts total IP technology and offers flexible scalability and high reliability. It is suitable for all kinds of harsh environments and supports rich business applications. More importantly, Motorola Solutions’ products also provide flexible customization and second-time development capabilities and can fully meet urban rail transit’s high-reliability operational scheduling and safe control needs.
• In addition, because urban rail transit lines have long use cycles which can run several decades, there is an extremely high requirement for vendors’ local service abilities. Motorola Solutions boasts a powerful engineering technology and service force in China and rich practical project experiences in the rail transit wireless scheduling and communication field. Together w ith its numerous local specialized partners, Motorola Solutions can provide fast, flexible and comprehensive services to users in the rail transit industry.
Chew HockSiong, General Manager of System Business, Motorola Solutions China
“We are very pleased to win the Special Honor Award for 2010 Rail Transit Enterprise Innovations. Motorola Solutions boasts a long history of innovations and cooperation in the rail transit industry. Our professional wireless communication technologies and products take the world lead and have long been first-choice communication systems for the urban rail transit industry both at home and abroad. Motorola Solutions commits itself to working with partners to provide rail transit enterprises with tailored professional wireless communication solutions and make positive contributions to raising the level of informatization applications in China’s rail transit industry. The latest award is no doubt the best recognition of our Long-term efforts. We will continue to fully cooperate with customers and partners and provide more innovative rail transit solutions to the Chinese market and customers and help to bring China’s rail transit security into line with the international level.”