February 19, 2013
Motorola Solutions to showcase public safety leadership at APCO 2013
MELBOURNE, 18 February 2013 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, has confirmed its presence at the APCO Australasia Conference & Exhibition, as the premier public safety event celebrates its 10th anniversary.
Motorola Solutions’ participation will be bolstered by its keynote speaker, Senior Vice President for Government Solutions, Bob Schassler, who holds worldwide responsibility for product strategy, product development and R&D investments for the company.
At APCO 2013, Motorola Solutions will share its new customer-focused vision for next generation public safety: Safer Cities. Thriving Communities. The vision addresses the biggest challenges facing public safety today – capturing the information that flows between the community, first responders and public safety agencies and turning it into intelligence to drive better public safety outcomes.
Delivering on the promise of Safer Cities. Thriving Communities, Motorola Solutions will combine its experience with carefully crafted solutions to help first responders do their jobs more effectively and safely than ever before.
Proceed with Intelligence
First responders need to stay ahead with mission-critical intelligence. They need better ways to guard their safety while they make smarter decisions aided by easy collaboration and better situational awareness. And, their routine work in the field should be streamlined by reliable mobile data applications.
- Motorola Solutions’ Next Generation Police Officer display will provide a glimpse to the future, including how the use of video to and from the field, shared across next generation public safety devices including the LEX 700™ mission critical handheld, HC1 head mounted computer and the rugged ET1 tablet can keep first responders safe, on the move and connected to critical information
- The explosion of data and applications available today promises to transform public safety communications. In a special presentation, Bob Schassler will explore Public Safety LTE, and how mobile broadband capabilities can be used alongside trusted P25 radio communications to deliver new standards of performance and safety. He will also expand on learnings and use cases from around the world, highlighting the potential for this technology to change the local public safety landscape.
- Motorola Solutions will also showcase the latest technologies designed to enable first responders to discretely and securely send and receive critical information. This includes the new, covert APX 3000 P25 Portable Radio which helps undercover officers to blend into their surroundings and the AME 2000 Secure Mobile Telephony Solution, providing highly secure, encrypted software-based voice communications for commercial, off-the-shelf mobile phones.
- Also on display will be public safety technologies designed to keep mobile officers connected to critical information. This includes the MCC 7100 IP dispatch console which can be run from a traditional PC or laptop and used to quickly expand mobile workforce communications across multiple agencies for major events including disasters.
- Future law enforcement officer and firefighter demonstrations show how today and tomorrow’s devices, applications and sensors connected over P25 and Public Safety LTE networks, and tethered to incident command, will help first responders be safer, better informed and more efficient. Featured products include the latest APX P25 series two-way radios which public safety agencies rely upon for the loudest and clearest communications in mission critical environments, from packed stadiums to noisy fire grounds.
Manage the Complexity
The IT department is the one link in the chain that can strengthen all others. Easier-to-manage networks and devices empower government IT teams to move beyond troubleshooting to become strategic partners, making their entire teams more effective.
Alternatively, when delivered as a managed service, public safety customers can focus on their core business while benefitting from a flexible business model that enables them to choose how their services are managed.
- The latest in Mobility Lifecycle Management (MLM) software from Motorola Solutions will show how device software upgrades can be managed efficiently while other critical tasks can be more easily managed – from sending text messages across different subscriber platforms, to scheduling work orders and managing inventory.
- A unified messaging service demonstration shows how Motorola integration services can enable secure sharing of text messages and presence information between ASTRO 25 radios, Public Safety LTE devices, tablets and PC-based email clients.
Connect with the City
Inputs from smartphones, social media, cameras, sensors and alarms—from everywhere—are helping agencies see, hear and do more. Motorola Solutions helps agencies operationalise the data that surrounds them to make more intelligent predictions, more targeted counteractions and build a safer environment for both citizens and first responders.
- Motorola’s Real Time Crime Centre brings multimedia including video, analytics, mapping and CAD together in one dynamic view.
- The centre experience also includes integrated, fixed and mobile video systems, which make it easier to capture, analyze and quickly share video for improved first responder safety and better situational awareness in the field.
Gary Starr, Managing Director, Motorola Solutions Australia and New Zealand
“There’s never been a more transformative time for public safety agencies in Australasia than today. Agencies are expected to combat increasingly sophisticated criminal activity at a time when their budgets and resources are being severely constrained.
“To stay ahead, first responders need access to technologies that make collaboration in the field easy, streamlined and reliable. We look forward showing these kind of technologies at APCO, and sharing our experience working alongside public safety agencies around the world to build safer cities.
“Motorola Solutions’ partnership with APCO is an important part of its commitment to the public safety industry in Australia and New Zealand, and a vital way of bringing the industry together to share learnings and insights from public safety professionals around the world,” Starr said.
Website: Safer Cities
Website: Public Safety LTE
Website: LEX 700™ Mission Critical Handheld
Website: Public Safety LTE Lifecycle Services
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
White Paper: Real-World LTE Performance for Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts