December 26, 2012
Motorola Solutions’ TETRA System Helps Xi’an Enter the Age of Full-networking Metro
Beijing, December 25, 2012– Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) announced today that Xi’an Metro has adopted its 800MHz TETRA digital trunking communications system, which aims to help achieve seamless interconnection between Lines 1 and 2 deployed on Motorola Solutions system on Line 2. This will help to provide Xi’an Metro’s communications with a highly reliable system for the commanding and dispatching network, and ensure safety, operational efficiency and quality service. The successful implementation of the system demonstrates that Xi’an has taken one big step towards its goal of building a first-class, modern metro in China, based on the principle of “Safe Operations and Quality Service”.
- Currently, as the domestic urban rail transit sector is increasing construction of new lines, the communications system must expand its capacity. In addition to setting up the appropriate scale TETRA system for the initial stages of metro line construction, Motorola Solutions’ Dimetra IP system framework can ensure the best scalability, completely meeting the demands of metro communications for incremental expansion.
- It can be extended flexibly according to user requirements, to realize the customizing of single or multiple networks and the scope can be extended from one line to multiple lines, until it covers the entire urban rail transit operations.
- As the first metro project to go live on a large capacity rail transit system, Xi’an also became the first city in Northwestern China to open rail transit lines, with its first line (Line 2) being put into operation in 2011.
- In this case, the Line 1 and Line 2 of Xi’an Metro will rely on Motorola Solutions’ state-of-the-art TETRA technology to achieve interconnections of all users’ communications terminals. As soon as Line 1 goes into official operation in September 2013, the TETRA system will play an important role in ensuring communications and greatly increase the flexibility of metro line network operation organization, as well as the rescue efficiency in emergency.
- In this project, Motorola Solutions has deployed two central switches, over 40 800MHz TETRA base stations and hundreds of MTP 850 portable TETRA terminals for Line 1 and Line 2 of Xi’an Metro. Meanwhile, Motorola Solutions also provided a dedicated project service team taking charge of the two metro lines for design enhancement, installation testing and training, as well as coordinate project progress and resource allocation, to provide the greatest degree of convenience for the whole project implementation..
- As part of making Xi’an into a major international city and promoting the program of “Xi’an and Xian Yang Integration”, the making of a perfect urban metro has been the inclination.
- With an excellent reputation in the international market of urban rail transit communications, the solutions of Motorola Solutions is widely applied in Chinese metro projects. With Motorola Solutions’ state-of-the-art, scalable TETRA system, mature service concept and considerable local project implementation experiences, it delivered service to Xi’an metro without affecting the operation of Line 2, Xi’an Metro coordinated with Motorola Solutions to achieve seamless interconnection between Lines 1 and Line 2.
- In the beginning of 2011, the original Motorola was split into two companies of Motorola Solutions and Motorola Mobility, and since then, Motorola Solutions operate as a independent corporation and focus on providing mission-critical communications solutions and mobility solutions for government and enterprise users worldwide, leveraging its deep understanding in government and vertical market as well as long term technical experiences. Motorola Solutions refreshes its highest levels in worldwide market performance many times
Chew Hock Siong, General Manager for Government and Public Safety Business in China region, Motorola Solutions
“We are honored to participate in the rail transit construction project for an important cultural city like Xi’an. We also really appreciate the Xi’an Metro’s sustainable urbanization development concept of constructing first-class metro in China, which aims at safe operation. Having achieved the task of metro communications and the interconnection between its two existing lines, Motorola Solutions also expects to share this successful case to and apply it to more metro construction in other cities. This cooperation has also established a firm foundation for Motorola Solutions’ expansion in the Northwestern China urban rail transit market. In the future, we will constantly and perseveringly provide customers from Chinese metro industry with abundant professional communications implementation experiences backed by a strong service team.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers. Through cutting-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.”
To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center .