December 3, 2013
Motorola Solutions TALKABOUT® MG160 Consumer Radios – Perfect Stocking Stuffer for Kids
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Dec. 2, 2013 - This holiday season, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MSI) offers an affordable gift for adventurous kids that combines fun with functionality. The Motorola Talkabout® MG160 series two-way radios are ideal for elementary age kids that love to play outside and explore, but still need to check in with mom and dad back home.
The Motorola Talkabout MG series of two-way radios are compact and easy-to-use by the entire family. The pocketsize design is perfect for smaller hands and easily slides into a pocket or can be attached with easy to use belt clips. The radios provide reliable communications for outdoor adventures or weekend camping trips, at the neighborhood park or even the annual family vacation to a theme park, and give children the independence they crave without cell phone fees.
Simple to use, kids can easily press the push-to-talk (PTT) button and immediately communicate with their friends or family members. And with the call tone feature, mom and dad can get their child’s attention before they start talking. The MG series radios also feature a keypad lock, which prevents settings from being inadvertently changed.
Key MG160 Features:
- 22 channels allows users to choose their own interference-free channel
- Battery-powered with three AAA batteries (not included) and an audible low-battery alert
- Approximately 20 hours alkaline estimated talk time – allows for hours of fun communicating
- Delivers a range of up to 16 miles1 (under optimum conditions) - distance users can expect to communicate with an unobstructed line of sight
- One call tone – enables users to alert others that you want to talk
- Scan – searches programmed list of channels to find transmissions
- Keypad lock – helps users avoid accidentally changing the operation of the radio
Pricing and Availability
Now available, the Motorola Talkabout MG160 radios have an MSRP of $29.99 per pair, which includes two radios and two belt clips. They are available in blue and pink and make an affordable stocking stuffer for practically anyone on your gift list this season.
For a full listing of features and additional information on the 2013 Motorola TALKABOUT series of products, please visit http://www.motorolasolutions.com/talkabout.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom .
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts