March 31, 2014
Motorola Solutions Redefines Enterprise Unified Communications with MOTOTRBO™ Anywhere
Melbourne, Australia. – March 31, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced the launch of MOTOTRBO™ Anywhere, an enterprise grade communication platform that allows for seamless voice communication between digital two-way radios and smartphones.
Where enterprise communication networks have traditionally been divided into two separate platforms - digital radio and mobile phones – MOTOTRBO Anywhere allows businesses to combine them, providing global connectivity, instant communications and improved operational efficiency no matter the location.
Organisations can now enjoy one-to-many communication and safety features inherent in digital MOTOTRBO radios, along with the convenience of an individual’s Android™ or iOS™ smartphone.
For example, busy professionals such as plant floor senior managers who would typically carry a mobile device to manage emails and phone calls on the move will now be able to use the same device to communicate with MOTOTRBO radio users in the organisation, whether the manager is on-site or outside the MOTOTRBO coverage area.
- MOTOTRBO Anywhere allows workers to communicate with MOTOTRBO radio users and talk-groups with an easy-to-use application on their Android or iOS smartphones.
- The solution is engineered around real customer requirements to be highly reliable, scalable and flexible, and is capable of working across carriers, locations, and devices, enabling customers to communicate with their MOTOTRBO network from wherever their business takes them.
- Unlike other push-to-talk applications, MOTOTRBO Anywhere is integrated into the radio system infrastructure to deliver system scalability and a much more radio-like experience.
- The solution can accommodate hundreds of users, and every user can be configured with a unique profile, defining talk-groups and private call capabilities. Users get reliable, highly secure, business-critical communications, whether connecting via cellular networks or Wi-Fi.
- MOTOTRBO two-way voice and data radios, a technology of choice for instant communications within enterprises, provides exceptional voice quality, long battery life, and boasts one of the industry’s largest application developer programs.
- The new MOTOTRBO Anywhere solution enhances the value of the portfolio to customers who need greater reach, choice and flexibility.
- The solution is also consistent with Motorola Solution’s broader strategy to enable broadband push-to-talk (PTT) as a complementary feature across our land mobile radio (LMR) platforms.
Steve Crutchfield, managing director, Motorola Solutions Australia and New Zealand
“For a long time, enterprises have consisted of a mix of separate technologies with large overhead costs to match. Technology advances are now redefining unified communications, bringing the advantages of two-way radio one-to-many communications to smart devices in a cost-effective manner.
With the push of a single button, senior managers can now be instantly connected to their operational work teams regardless of whether they are within the four walls or hundreds of kilometers away. The benefits are significant - operational efficiency increases, overheads are lowered, and devices required for certain tasks aren’t isolated any more – they are part of an all-in-one unified communications network.”