SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – April 18, 2013 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) has been named to the FTSE4Good sustainability index and to the CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens™ list. Motorola Solutions is ranked No. 32 on the 100 Best Corporate Citizens list, up from No. 77 in 2012.
KEY FACTS ON FTSE4GOOD SUSTAINBILITY INDEX
- FTSE Group confirms that Motorola Solutions has been independently assessed according to the FTSE4Good criteria and has satisfied the requirements to become a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index Series.
- The FTSE4Good Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) ratings provide an overall measurement of how well a company manages its potential ESG risks.
- Approximately 2,300 publicly listed companies worldwide are evaluated.
KEY FACTS ON CR MAGAZINE 100 BEST CORPORATE CITIZENS
- The prestigious 100 Best Corporate Citizens list ranks companies in seven categories including environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, finance and philanthropy.
- Companies are predominately chosen from the Russell 1000 Index.
KEY FACTS ON MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
- In July 2011, Motorola Solutions helped initiate the Solutions for Hope project, a closed-supply system of mining conflict-free tantalum from the Democratic Republic of Congo and in 2012 joined the Conflict-Free Tin Initiative.
- The company’s goal is to increase its global use of electricity from renewable sources to 30 percent by 2020.
- Motorola Solutions set a goal to reduce waste by 10 percent from 2011 by 2015 as well as increase the recycling rate to 90 percent by 2015.
- In 2012, the Motorola Solutions Foundation made grants that helped more than 700,000 teachers, students, first responders and community members, and employees volunteered more than 55,000 hours of their time to groups focusing on education, public safety and disaster relief.
- In 2013, Motorola Solutions was named to the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable corporations, ranking No. 59.
- In 2012, Newsweek ranked Motorola Solutions No. 20 on its U.S. Green Rankings.
- The company is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes.
Jodi Shapiro, vice president, environment, health and safety, Motorola Solutions
“It is an honor to be named to FTSE4Good and CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens lists. At Motorola Solutions, we are proud of our corporate responsibility programs and set challenging goals to continue to be a leader in sustainability.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts