April 28, 2014
Motorola Solutions Named To 2014 CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens™ List
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – April 28, 2014 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) is ranked No. 40 on the CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens™ list. Companies selected to the list are predominately chosen from the Russell 1000 Index.
KEY FACTS ON THE 100 BEST CORPORATE CITIZENS LIST
- The 100 Best List documents 298 data points of disclosure and performance measures drawn from publically available information.
- The prestigious 100 Best Corporate Citizens list ranks companies in seven categories including environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, finance and philanthropy.
KEY FACTS ON MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY
- Motorola Solutions helped initiate the Solutions for Hope project, a closed-pipe system of mining conflict-free tantalum from the Democratic Republic of Congo. We also helped launch the Conflict-Free Tin Initiative (CFTI) to source conflict-free tin from the DRC as an end-user.
- About 23 percent of the electricity Motorola Solutions purchased globally in 2013 was from renewable sources. The company’s goal is to increase its global use of electricity from renewable sources to 30 percent by 2020.
- The company’s global recycling rate was 68 percent in 2013.
- In 2013, the Motorola Solutions Foundation provided $13.9 million in grants that helped 1.2 million students, first responders, and community members in 40 countries around the world.
- Motorola Solutions is one of only 18 U.S. companies to earn a spot on the 2014 Global 100 index of the world’s most sustainable corporations, earning the rank of No. 50.
- Since 2012, Motorola Solutions has been included in a number of socially responsible investment indices, including: Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, Dow Jones Sustainability North American Index, FTSE4Good, Maplecroft Climate Innovation Indexes, Newsweek Green Rankings, and the oekom Corporate Rating.
Jodi Shapiro, vice president, environment, health and safety, Motorola Solutions
“It is an honor to be named to the CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens list. At Motorola Solutions, we are proud of our corporate responsibility programs and set challenging goals to continue to be a leader in sustainability. Through a continued focus on these programs, we are able to demonstrate our purpose – helping people be their best in the moments that matter – for our customers, our suppliers, our employees, our shareholders and our communities around the world.”
Website: CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens list
Website: Corporate Responsibility at Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts