July 2, 2014
Motorola Solutions Issues 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – July 2, 2014 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has issued its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report. This annual report highlights Motorola Solutions’ performance as a responsible corporate citizen, dedicated to operating ethically, protecting the environment and supporting the communities where it does business.
- Motorola Solutions continues to support the Solutions for Hope project, a closed-supply system of mining conflict-free tantalum from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and neighboring countries through our actions and industry-wide engagement.
- About 23 percent of the electricity Motorola Solutions used globally in 2013 came from renewable sources.
- Motorola Solutions has a goal to reduce total waste by 10 percent in 2015 from 2011 levels (normalized by headcount), as well as increase its recycling rate to 90 percent by 2015.
- Motorola Solutions and The Motorola Solutions Foundation contributed $16.4 million from Motorola Solutions cash and in-kind product donations, Motorola Solutions Foundation grants, and employee giving that helped 1.2 million students, first responders and community members in 40 countries. By the end of the year, employees around the world donated 71,000 hours of volunteer time – exceeding the company’s 65,000-hour goal.
- The company’s corporate responsibility performance was recognized by a number of external rankings, including: Corporate Knights’ Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies and CR Magazine’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens.
Jodi Shapiro, vice president, Environment, Health and Safety, Motorola Solutions
“At Motorola Solutions, we are proud of our strong environmental performance, our track-record as a leader in sustainability and our global commitment to corporate responsibility. Our 2013 report highlights both the progress we’ve made with our current initiatives and how we continue to identify and implement new ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations.”
Matt Blakely, director, Motorola Solutions Foundation
“As the charitable and philanthropic arm of Motorola Solutions, the Motorola Solutions Foundation recognizes that the expertise, solutions and services we provide extends beyond our innovative communications and technology solutions. We’re proud of the positive impact we continue to make in our communities and we encourage our employees to be generous with their time and talents so they can be their best in someone’s moment that matters.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts