January 9, 2012
Motorola Solutions Introduces Secure Mobile Telephony for Federal Government Customers
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Jan. 9, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of innovative mission-critical communications for federal government customers, today announced the first deployment of its new security platform for mobile telephony, the Assured Mobile Environment (AME).
The first AME solution, the AME 1000 Secure Mobile Telephony Solution, is now available for shipment. The AME 1000 is an industry-leading solution that combines the benefits of hardware-based cryptography and certificate management with a software-based secure voice application on a smartphone.
- Combining a durable, versatile handheld device with hardware and software that provide NSA Suite B voice security for mobile communications, the AME 1000 Secure Mobile Telephony Solution consists of a Motorola ES400 enterprise smartphone, CRYPTR micro encryption module, Apriva Voice™ software and Apriva gateway infrastructure.
- While providing enterprise-class durability for day-in and day-out reliable operation, the ES400 smartphone also has the power to run demanding enterprise applications.
- Offering much greater information assurance than software-only solutions, the Motorola CRYPTR micro combines hardware-based encryption and key management in a microSD™ form factor that supports both Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 and Full NSA Suite B Cipher Suites.
- Secure voice capability is activated through Apriva Voice, a NSA Suite B Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) application for AME 1000 users.
- Forward and backward compatibility to legacy secure infrastructure and existing secure mobile devices, as well as future Secure Real-time Transport Protocol-Datagram Transport Layer Security (SRTP-DTLS) commercial standards, are provided by the AME 1000 leveraging Apriva’s VoIP technology.
- For true world phone capability, the AME 1000 solution operates in both CDMA and GSM networks.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Motorola Solutions
“Commercial mobile devices such as smartphones, e-readers and tablets offer unprecedented opportunities for advanced communication. Until now, the security vulnerabilities of these devices have impeded adoption by federal government agencies. With this next generation of high-assurance mobile communications devices, Motorola Solutions is excited to support our federal civilian agency and military customers as they usher in a new era of collaboration and mission success.”
Paul Mueller, vice president, Motorola Solutions Federal Division
“For more than 35 years, the federal government has turned to Motorola Solutions for secure and reliable voice and data communications. Today, federal government agencies rely on mobile communications to better execute their missions and defend the nation. We’re proud to offer a rapidly growing portfolio of Assured Mobile Environment solutions that securely deliver the information our federal government customers need to make better, more informed decisions in less time.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts