May 15, 2012
Motorola Solutions Introduces First TEDS Solution for Commercial, Enterprise Users to Increase Mobile Work Team Efficiency
TETRA WORLD CONGRESS, Dubai, May 15, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions, today announced the launch of the next generation of its Dimetra IP Micro platform offering advanced TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) voice and data functionality for mobile work teams that require an efficient, secure and reliable communications system.
In addition to voice, Release 3.0 of Dimetra IP Micro provides enhanced security options and an expansive suite of data services that give mobile workers the ability to access and share content such as work order information held in back office systems. Notably, Release 3.0 introduces TETRA Enhanced Data Service (TEDS) to the Dimetra IP Micro platform, enabling enterprises to benefit from up to 20 times greater data capacity as well as enabling support for a much broader range of content-rich business applications. By providing staff members with access to business intelligence wherever they are, the Dimetra IP Micro can help transform business processes and maximize workforce productivity.
The small, expandable and easy-to-deploy Dimetra IP Micro communication system enables enterprises and smaller organizations to benefit from the high resilience and quality of Motorola´s Dimetra IP solution deployed in large, nationwide mission-critical systems.
- The solution supports a wide range of features including integrated voice and data services and full duplex IP telephony calls, which are important to commercial and enterprise users such as those in construction, manufacturing, mining and transport, resorts and large hotels.
- The solution provides an interface enabling interconnection to conventional analogue systems, making it ideally suited for enterprises upgrading from analogue to advanced digital solutions and who require a smooth migration path.
- Dimetra IP Micro Release 3.0 supports TEDS, allowing end users access to advanced data services including image sending, video viewing and remote access to documents.
- The new solution offers increased network security with air interface encryption and authentication options.
- Dimetra’s multi-channel interface allows these IP services to be linked directly to existing analogue networks.
- The data services provided by Dimetra IP Micro are unparalleled, comprising SDS, Multi-Slot Packet Data (MSPD) and TEDS. With its comprehensive support of data services, Dimetra IP Micro offers users the flexibility and the capacity to support a wide range of applications.
- Dimetra IP Micro Release 3.0 will be demonstrated on the Motorola stand (Booth G301, Sheikh Rashid Hall) at TETRA World Congress, May 14-17, Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Steve Valentine, head of TETRA Infrastructure, Motorola Solutions
“Dimetra IP Micro Release 3.0 represents a unique stage in the long-term development and lifespan of TETRA networks. It enables enterprises to build on their existing communication system investments and prepare for advanced, secure, data-led business-critical communications in the future.”
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts