May 7, 2014
Motorola Solutions Demonstrates Mission Critical Technology at UTC Telecom 2014
Motorola Solutions (Booth #507) is showcasing its latest technology at the Utilities Telecom Council (UTC) Telecom Conference May 6-9 at the Phoenix Convention Center in Arizona. Motorola continues to help critical infrastructure markets by leveraging investments in ASTRO® 25 and other radio networks with new high-performance data products targeting Machine to Machine (M2M), SCADA and other fixed telemetry applications.
The reliability and redundancy of Motorola’s ASTRO digital platform works with critical fixed data/ M2M type applications that are not latency sensitive or do not require large data needs. The IRM1500 and the ACE1000, combined with enhanced data features added to our 7.14 release, provides an effective combination of technology advancements to support both voice and M2M demands.
- The IRM1500 is an intelligent modem for critical infrastructure markets using ASTRO 25.
- The IRM 1500 is flexible and offers multiple application ports including Ethernet, RS232/485 and USB for supporting both IP and non-IP / legacy utility based protocols over the ASTRO 25 Network.
- The IRM has been designed to meet IEEE1613 standards so it can be used to communicate with key distribution assets on the grid, and the IEEE1613 rating allows it to be used at substations.
- The ACE1000 is a compact, smart remote terminal unit (RTU) for all communications media and offers multiple communication ports including IP, RS232/485, USB and WLAN, along with high-quality digital and analog signal handling. The ACE 1000 also provides an integrated, self-contained, DIN rail-mountable modem with an integrated 3W radio supporting Motorola ASTRO 25 data and enhanced data systems.
- Both products offer innovative design, increased flexibility and performance with stronger environmental standards.
Join Motorola for the following UTC Presentation:
Wednesday, May 7, 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. MST: Mike Koch, Energy & Utility Principal, will participate in a session titled, “You Can’t Know Where You Are Going Until You Know Where You Have Been – Next Generation Communications.” This session provides an overview on today’s radio standards for utilities that are considering migrating from their analog radio system to a new digital platform. This presentation will help utilities better understand the top radio standards in the market today by taking a look at their origins and their keys attributes as well as provide some insight into the challenges and opportunities that VoLTE will offer.
Website: Motorola Solutions
Website: ASTRO 25
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
Twitter: Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts