March 9, 2011
Motorola Solutions Continues to Lead the Way with Project 25 Phase 2 TDMA Trunking
LAS VEGAS (IWCE, Motorola Solutions Booth # 5019) – March 9, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced plans to begin shipping ASTRO 25 systems with P25 TDMA trunking later this year. ASTRO 25 with P25 TDMA trunking is part of Motorola Solutions' Next Generation Public Safety portfolio of solutions that is transforming public safety operations and strengthening the mission critical communications core.
P25 Phase 2 TDMA Trunking Feature for Motorola ASTRO 25 system
- The end-to-end P25 TDMA trunking functionality is expected to begin shipping in August 2011 and will include ASTRO 25 system infrastructure, dispatch consoles and APX™ radios.
- The P25 TDMA functionality is designed based on the core definition Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) -102 standards documents for P25 TDMA trunked operation. Those documents were published to allow manufacturers to build to the standard.
- P25 TDMA trunking doubles the voice capacity of Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) technology for more efficient use of spectrum, providing users improved system access.
- The Dynamic Dual mode feature offers seamless interoperability between P25 FDMA and P25 TDMA users, dynamically allocating a call based on available resources without any user intervention or awareness.
- P25 TDMA trunking functionality can be deployed on an existing ASTRO 25 system. G-series-based site products, MCC 7500 consoles and APX subscribers can be easily upgraded for P25 TDMA operation using software.
- The P25 TDMA trunking feature is offered across the complete trunking portfolio to address the needs of users ranging from single site to statewide radio systems.
- Motorola continues to expand the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of interoperable communications, ASTRO 25, with the addition of P25 TDMA trunking. This functionality can be added to an ASTRO 25 system along with P25 FDMA trunking and conventional, 3600 trunking, analog conventional and integrated data operation.
- Nearly a dozen customers have already contracted with Motorola Solutions to deliver P25 TDMA functionality.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions is on track to deliver Project 25 Phase 2 TDMA trunking in August 2011. We are pleased to be able to offer public safety users the latest in Project 25 interoperable communications solutions. ASTRO 25 paired with our technology-leading APX radios continue to lead the way in mission critical communications by meeting our users’ needs today while setting the foundation for tomorrow.”
Bill Roach, executive director, Mississippi Wireless Communications Commission
“The State of Mississippi has been waiting for the Project 25 standards-based TDMA solution to enhance spectrum efficiency in the Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN). Adoption of TDMA greatly enhances the capacity for subscriber growth on our system. We are excited to deploy the Phase 2 standard from Motorola.”
YouTube: Brenda Herold discusses P25 Phase 2 TDMA Trunking Feature
Website: Project 25 TDMA with Dynamic Dual Mode
Website: Project 25 TDMA Whitepaper
Website: Next Generation Public Safety
Website: Motorola Solutions at IWCE 2011
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
Blog: Motorola IWCE 2011 Show Blog
Press Kit: IWCE
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts