July 30, 2013
Motorola Solutions’ Best-Selling Commercial Two-Way Radios Go Digital, Further Expanding Portfolio with New Customer Offerings
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – July 30, 2013 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), today announces the launch of the new MOTOTRBO CP200d: the digital-capable version of the best-selling CP200 portable two-way radio. The CP200d makes it easy to transition your business to digital technology. It delivers the easy-to-use features, form factor and batteries of the CP200 portable, while adding digital voice capability. The radio can operate in digital and analog modes concurrently and fits seamlessly into your existing communication system, allowing you to migrate to digital at your own pace.
The CP200d is also available as an analog-only model, and needs only a simple software upgrade to add digital capability in the future. Whichever model you choose, you’ve made a wise investment. Also available are the CM200d and CM300d mobiles: digital-capable versions of the CM200 and CM300. With a bright, high contrast alphanumeric screen, the CM300d allows users to see important caller information at a glance. The CM200d offers a simple, clear numeric display.
Digital two-way radios have distinct benefits: better audio quality and clarity, enhanced coverage due to better error-correction, higher spectral efficiency leading to increased capacity, and higher power efficiency leading to longer battery life. More and more people are recognizing these benefits and migrating to the exceptional digital technology of MOTOTRBO.
KEY FACTS ABOUT OTHER NEW ADDITIONS TO THE MOTOTRBO PORTFOLIO
- Motorola commercial two-way radios (CP200 portable, CM200 and CM300 mobiles) can now be purchased with digital capability. The new models are named CP200d, CM200d and CM300d.
- Also launching is the XPR 2500, a new mobile companion to the successful XPR 3000 Series portable. This tier of the MOTOTRBO portfolio is highly scalable and offers optional system functionality for multi-site systems.
- Launched in 2012, the XPR 7000 Series portable radios offer enhanced voice, data, and application capabilities, as well as built-in Bluetooth® and GPS functionality. The XPR 7000 Series radio is now also available for the 800 and 900 MHz bands for the utilities and petrochemical industries.
- Motorola is also introducing a Remote Mount Control Head option for the XPR 5000 Series radios, allowing separation of the control panel and the radio by up to 5 meters and putting the mobile radio within the reach of the driver in specialist vehicles.
- The SL Series has won many awards for its iconic design. Today Motorola announces the development of a 900MHz version, giving more customers the opportunity to use this sleek and smart digital two-way radio.
- MOTOTRBO is a family of digital-capable two-way radios that offers superb audio quality, excellent durability, and a wide range of different models, enhanced by powerful audio and wireless Bluetooth accessories, batteries, chargers and carry solutions. Since its introduction in 2007, more than a million MOTOTRBO units have been sold, from feature-rich voice and data radios to simple voice-only portables.
Hal Herron, vice president and senior director, North America Radio Channels, Motorola Solutions “Motorola Solutions has expanded its single MOTOTRBO™ digital radio into a portfolio of more than 20 different models in the span of a few years, and we continue to redefine what customers expect from a two-way radio. As we lead the revolution in digital voice and data communications for enterprises, we remain committed to driving the innovation of our two-way radios and accessories to help our customers be their best in the moments that matter.”
Facebook: Motorola Solutions