August 8, 2011
Motorola Solutions Announces Two New, Innovative Devices for Public Safety Agencies to Access Long Term Evolution (LTE) Networks
PHILADELPIA (APCO, Motorola Solutions Booth # 1221) – Aug. 8, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) introduced the VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem and the UM1000 LTE USB Modem at the APCO Conference in Philadelphia, Pa. Both devices will allow public safety personnel to access a Band Class 14 Public Safety LTE network. The VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem is installed in a patrol car, fire apparatus, or other public safety vehicle to create an in-car network with a broadband connection back to headquarters. The UM1000 USB LTE Modem plugs into a USB port to allow laptops or mobile computers access to a Public Safety LTE network. Both devices deliver on the promise of Next Generation Public Safety, helping bring rich multimedia data to first responders – quickly, reliably and securely.
- Both devices enable broadband connectivity in the field, allowing public safety personnel to access and share large quantities of data and high-quality real-time video – in the field, at the command center and on the road.
- Both devices connect to Public Safety LTE (Band Class 14) networks, giving customers an unmatched combination of high data throughput, prioritization capabilities, security and control.
- The VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem also can connect to EVDO and WiFi networks, giving customers a wide range of additional backhaul options.
- VML700’s ability to connect to a 3G EVDO network makes it possible for customers to maintain their data connections even if they travel outside the coverage of their public safety LTE network.
- VML700’s WiFi functionality also lets a public safety vehicle become a “mobile hot spot” that allows WiFi-capable equipment to make use of a Public Safety LTE network for data backhaul.
- VML700’s built-in GPS enhances personnel safety with vehicle tracking and location-based solutions.
- Built to withstand heat, cold, rain, dust, humidity and vibration, the VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem is a solid-state, rugged device designed for the demanding environments of public safety vehicles.
- UM1000’s USB form factor, compact design and Band Class 14 LTE connectivity allow customers to get the benefit of Public Safety LTE broadband anytime, anywhere and on a wide variety of devices.
- Both devices feature Multiple-In Multiple-Out (MIMO) antenna configurations for enhanced radio performance and high data throughput.
Bob Schassler, senior vice president, Worldwide Radio Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions is proud to be a leader in public safety communications. We are constantly conducting research sessions to learn about our customers’ needs and how they perform their daily tasks. These mobile broadband devices for LTE are the outcome of that research and will change how public safety officers send and receive information. Patrol vehicles will be more powerful and efficient work spaces with high speed broadband connectivity. Armed with richer and more relevant information, public safety personnel will be able to make better decisions, resulting in greater personnel safety, increased public security and better service for communities.”
Website: Next Generation Public Safety
Website: Public Safety LTE
Website: UM1000 LTE USB Modem
Website: VML700 LTE Vehicle Modem
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts