Singapore, July 21, 2011 —— Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) recently announced that its joint Rail Transit TETRA Digital Trunking Laboratory at Beijing Jiaotong University has been officially unveiled. This is the first joint laboratory Motorola Solutions has set up with a Chinese university. The laboratory will conduct specific research on urban rail transit, inter-city rail transit, integrated urban transport hubs, and emergency communication. Beijing Jiaotong University will adopt Motorola Solutions’ 800MHz Digital Trunking TETRA Communication System in its teaching and research on rail transit wireless communication technologies. The purpose is to promote digital trunking communication system training in universities and train more skilled talent for China’s growing market.
- Motorola Solutions and Beijing Jiaotong University will engage in wide-ranging and in-depth cooperation in the development and marketing of digital trunking system applications in China.
- To meet rail transit and emergency communication demands, the two sides will conduct joint research and develop customized application solutions that can be integrated with Motorola Solutions’s digital trunking system and value-added business applications, which also suit Motorola Solutions’ other wireless systems.
- The joint Rail Transit TETRA Digital Trunking Laboratory will use Motorola Solutions’ wireless communication system platform to develop customized application solutions in accordance with the demand for safe rail transit production and emergency handling. It will also expand cooperation to include next-generation rail transit control and safety, and communication and information technologies. Meanwhile, it will expand applications and businesses in regional markets, especially in wireless command system projects concerning city rail transit, inter-city rail transit and integrated urban transport hubs.
- Motorola Solutions designs, develops, manufactures and sells digital trunking systems and user machines to customers worldwide. Leveraging its first-class innovation abilities and communication technologies, it has provided various digital trunking system for rail transit in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing and Guangzhou. These systems have successfully served the Beijing Olympic Games, the Shanghai World Expo and the Guangzhou Asian Games.
- As one of the first foreign hi-tech companies to enter China, Motorola Solutions has persistently carried out R&D, production and talent localization strategies and promoted the development of specialized communication technologies in China. Motorola Solutions’ TETRA system fully adopts IP technology and offers flexible scalability, high reliability, and adaptability to all kinds of environments, while supporting rich business applications. More importantly, Motorola Solutions’ products can also provide flexible customization and second-time development functions to fully meet urban rail transit’s demand for high reliability train scheduling and safety controls. Since, urban rail transit lines have use cycles that may last several decades, this puts extremely high requirements on vendors’ local service abilities.
- Motorola Solutions boasts powerful engineering technology and a service workforce in China. It also has rich practical engineering experience in the rail transit wireless scheduling communications field. Together with assistance from various local partners, Motorola Solutions can provide users with fast, flexible and comprehensive services.
Sun Shouguang, Vice-President of Beijing Jiaotong University
“We are very honored to have the opportunity to cooperate with Motorola Solutions and set up a ‘Rail Transit TETRA Digital Trunking Laboratory’. Motorola Solutions has made remarkable achievements in the communication field. The establishment of the laboratory will help our faculty and students learn about and experience world-class digital trunking communication technology and other leading applications. For years, Beijing Jiaotong University has committed itself to rail transit control and safety research and achieved rich technological results. We sincerely hope that our strong alliance with Motorola Solutions will enable us to make even greater contributions to rail transit communications and control in China and the rest of the world.”
Michael Jiang, China President and Country Manager of Motorola Solutions
“Beijing Jiaotong University’s powerful faculty and specialized academic environment complement Motorola Solutions’ rich experience and leading solutions in digital trunking communication technology and applications. The joint laboratory will train more local talent for the Chinese market and promote the development and application of digital trunking communication technology in China. Meanwhile, the cooperation will also help both sides continue to tap into market potentials in the rail transit industry and use the most valuable products, technologies, rich industry experiences, and sound services to provide more innovative rail transit solutions to the Chinese market.”