February 22, 2012
First Responders Can Go to the Extreme and Still Stay Connected
LAS VEGAS (IWCE, Motorola Solutions Booth #5001) – Feb. 22, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), today announced the latest additions to its award-winning APX Project 25 (P25) Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)-capable mission critical two-way radio series with the launch of two mobile radio control heads. Motorola is also expanding its Bluetooth® Mission Critical Wireless portfolio with additional earpiece options, a solution compatible with both the APX and Motorola XTS™ radio series.
- Designed for extreme environments with exaggerated controls and a rugged, impact-green colored housing, the APX O2 Mobile Control Head incorporates Motorola’s XE extreme series’ rugged design and ergonomics for use by firefighters, marine units, utilities and mining. It features a large color display with intelligent lighting and an integrated speaker for loud, clear audio.
- The compact APX O7 Mobile Control Head is a flush-mount design with integrated keypad, siren, lights, public address (PA) and gun-lock controls. It features a large color display as well an enlarged multi-function rotary knob for easier control of talk-group and volume settings. Both control heads are expected to be available in the second quarter of 2012.
- A discreet design ideal for undercover and plain-clothes officers, the earbud configuration for the APX and XTS series portable radios is a cost-effective and high-performing earpiece option, adding to the broad Bluetooth Mission Critical Wireless portfolio.
- Enabling every word to be heard, Motorola’s Mission Critical Wireless accessories are designed specifically for public safety with simple touch pairing and fast push-to-talk (PTT). These new Bluetooth options are expected to be available in the second quarter of 2012.
- The smallest, lightest P25 TDMA-capable portable radio in the industry, the APX 4000 is now shipping in North America to public works, public utility and rural public safety customers. Like other APX radios, the APX 4000 has a two-microphone design that reduces background noise so users can speak and hear clearly in challenging environments, an easy user interface and an enlarged multi-function knob to easily turn the radio on or off, set volume and switch talk groups.
- Also shipping now, the APX XE Remote Speaker Microphone (RSM) is designed specifically to enhance firefighter communications and safety in extreme conditions. This is the first RSM for the fire market to feature two microphones, providing exceptional noise suppression for first responders working in extremely loud environments. The RSM’s unique design recently earned it the 2012 iF gold award for product design; it was one of only 100 recipients chosen from more than 4,000 entries. This recognition is known globally as being a prestigious honor for innovative product design.
Brenda Herold, corporate vice president, Motorola Solutions
“The Motorola APX series was launched in 2008 and has rapidly grown to include a complete P25 TDMA-capable mission critical device portfolio. With the addition of the APX O2 and APX O7 Mobile Control Heads, Motorola offers five different mobile control heads, giving users optimum choice and flexibility. The delivery of APX 4000 radios today to public works and utility customers and rural public safety agencies demonstrates that Motorola has designed something for everyone, providing the right device for the right user in every situation.”
Nick Candotti, director, Global Accessory and Energy business, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola continues to expand its mission critical wireless portfolio by introducing an earbud configuration that increases public safety wearing options with a solution that has the comfort and look of a consumer earpiece. The earbud is a cost-effective solution for both APX and XTS radios and is designed specifically to help keep first responders better connected and protected. Continuing our innovation, we are pleased to offer our customers the APX XE RSM, now recognized globally for its innovative product design.”
Motorola Solutions APX portfolio: APX series of radios
Website: Motorola Solutions Wireless Accessories
Website: Motorola Solutions APX XE RSM
Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/motpublicsafety
Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Motoretail
Find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/MotPublicSafety
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts