August 22, 2013
Best Selling Commercial Two-Way Radios Go Digital, Further Expanding Customers Choice
Melbourne, Australia – August 21, 2013 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has unveiled new models of MOTOTRBO™ radios to further expand the existing portfolio of digital radios. The new introductions provide users from across key markets such as manufacturing, retail, hospitality, private security and services with additional price points and form factors to meet their every need.
MOTOTRBO™ is a family of digital-capable two-way radios that offer superb audio quality, excellent durability, and powerful vertical market driven data applications and devices making it the most trusted digital technology for professional and commercial applications in the world.
- The first product announced today is the DP3441 series; a remarkably small portable radio that delivers a full suite of MOTOTRBO™ voice and data features in a tough, waterproof package. Fitting comfortably in the palm of your hand, it delivers the GPS, Bluetooth and system capability you’d expect of a much larger radio. And being IP67-rated, it can operate in wet and dusty environments with impunity.
- Today, Motorola is announcing the development of 800 MHz and 900 MHz versions of its iconic and award winning SL Series. These will be available in late 2013, and will give more customers the opportunity to experience how sleek and smart a digital two-way radio can be.
- The DP4000 Series portable radios were launched in 2012, and have been serving customers ever since with top tier enhanced voice, data, and application capabilities, including Bluetooth®, and a built-in GPS receiver. Today Motorola Solutions also announces the launch of new variants for the 800/900 MHz bands that will be available in late 2013, extending availability of this radio to other customers, regions and markets.
- Motorola is also introducing a Remote Mount Control Head option for the DM4000 Series radios, allowing separation of the control panel and the radio by up to five meters and putting the mobile radio within the reach of the driver in specialist vehicles.
- MOTOTRBO is a family of digital-capable two-way radios that offers superb audio quality, excellent durability, and a wide range of different models, enhanced by powerful audio and wireless Bluetooth accessories, batteries, chargers and carry solutions. Since its introduction in Australia and New Zealand in 2008, more than a million MOTOTRBO™ units have been sold, from feature-rich voice and data radios to simple voice-only portables.
Gary Starr, vice president and managing director, Motorola Solutions Australia and New Zealand
“Motorola Solutions has expanded its single MOTOTRBO™ digital radio into a portfolio of more than 20 different models in the span of a few years – and we are continuing to innovate and redefine what customers can expect from a two-way radio. Australia and New Zealand has been a leader in the adoption of this new digital technology globally, and we are continuing to see this transition from analogue to digital accelerate across key markets such as manufacturing, retail, transport and logistics, hospitality, utilities and security.”