August 19, 2013
Android Operating System, Expanded Voice Capabilities Extend Functionality of Public Safety LTE Handheld Device
ANAHEIM, Calif. (APCO, Motorola Solutions Booth #1309) – Aug. 19, 2013 – The first purpose-built smartphone device for Public Safety LTE broadband just got even better with the introduction of the Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system. Now public safety professionals have an even more powerful and versatile tool to stay steps ahead of criminals and have street-ready data available at their fingertips to help fight fires, aid patients and meet mission-critical broadband communications needs.
The multiband, multimode LEX 700 Android handheld keeps public safety professionals always connected to the command center, their peers, and mission-critical multimedia content. That means first responders now are ready to meet new threats on the street with an enhanced device offering the flexibility of Android- based data applications, push-to- talk (PTT) voice and telephony.
The LEX 700 Android offers first responders a virtual partner helping them to monitor the environment, gather information and be more aware in every circumstance. With a compact, rugged form factor and quick-response interface, this purpose-built, mission-critical handheld is designed to provide first and secondary responders access to intuitive multimedia applications that increase situational awareness, enhance tactical collaboration and enable greater in-field productivity.
- The device is designed to deliver multimedia data, photos, video and voice quickly, reliably and securely using the Android operating system. The enhanced user experience helps simplify routine activities for public safety professionals.
- The LEX 700 Android can operate on Band Class 14 Public Safety LTE, 3G EV-DO and CDMA 2.5 and 2G cellular networks, as well as 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- The LEX 700 Android now offers the flexibility of the Android operating system and its available applications. It includes rich-media applications designed for public safety from Motorola and other third-party developers.
- Public safety professionals can leverage the Real-time Video Intelligence (RTVI) user-friendly interface, which accepts video from multiple camera and recorder vendors and allows cameras to be selected from a list, a map, or an emailed link for coordination in the field.
- A programmable quick action button provides additional versatility, including the option to use for emergency responses. That means a police officer in trouble can use the quick action button to alert a dispatcher for an immediate response.
- The LEX 700 Android provides multiple voice communications options, from making a simple telephony call to joining a Project 25 (P25) radio talk group via a broadband PTT application. A dedicated PTT button, dual-microphone and advanced noise-canceling capabilities help ensure first responders’ voices will be heard.
- First responders can leverage the PremierOne™ handheld application on the LEX 700 Android to quickly and securely look up critical details about people, property and vehicles while on the move. It delivers the intelligence responders need to stay ahead of what’s next no matter where they are.
- A rugged portfolio of LEX 700 accessories is available, including multiple charging cradles and a quick-access holster built to withstand public safety’s tough environment.
- With a hardened display, the LEX 700 Android is sealed and ruggedized against drops, moisture and temperature extremes. Armed with a long-lasting battery and Bluetooth® technology to connect peripherals like audio headsets, wireless printers or biometric readers, first responders have a device they can count on – even in a crisis.
- The LEX 700 Android brings robust management capabilities to ensure IT staff can easily deploy its new fleet of IP data devices with the confidence of full visibility and control. Security and resiliency services ensure business continuity, protection of sensitive data and proactive mitigation of impending security threats.
- Motorola offers a full suite of services to support the LEX 700 Android throughout its lifecycle, including everything from Service from the Start to training.
Bob Schassler, senior vice president, Government Solutions, Motorola Solutions
Website: Motorola Solutions Newsroom APCO Feature Story
Website: LEX 700 Android Mission Critical Handheld
Website: Service from the Start
Website: Public Safety LTE
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
White Paper: Real-World LTE Performance for Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
Motorola Solutions Media Contacts